[chapter five] the ghost of you

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

"What time is it?" Stiles groaned whilst burying his face in the Hales ' hair.

"Seven. You have to be at school for half eight, Scotty will be waiting." Aires replied with a hint of a smirk on her lips.

She refused to sleep after her memory. Instead she stayed awake analysing it, playing it over and over again and trying to make herself remember more

"No. No. No. No." The boy moaned, pulling the girl's body closer to his. "Let's just sleep."

"Stiles." She hissed in a warning. "You have to get up, now."

"Nopey. Not doing it. You can't make me."

"Fine." Aires snapped whilst untangling herself from the boy's hold, only to be yanked back into his arms. "Stiles!" She shrieked.

"Someone has to keep you warm." He groggily replied.

"I'm not cold." She hissed out through clenched teeth, a murderous scowl on her face.

A grin stretched across Stiles lips as his eyes slowly fluttered open, mischief danced within them. There were so many things he wanted to say to her, so many words he had planned to say.

And yet he settled on the most random thought that had popped into his mind.

"Is your hair always this tangled in the morning?"

Aires smirk twisted into a murderous glare as she narrowed her eyes at the boy. "You're an asshole." She hissed through clenched teeth whilst wiggling out of his arms.

"No, no, no. Your hair is beautiful, you're beautiful. Its just its even longer than it was before and"

"Stiles, shut up."

"Yep. Yep, gonna do that. Gonna keep this mouth nice and shut-"

His ramble was cut off as Aires let out a frustrated groan and fell back onto her pillow with her face buried in her hands. For months, the two's friendship had been a mess. It went from friends only, to a dangerous territory, to confessing how they felt and not being able to be together, to ignoring each other, to loathing each other, to being scared of each other and back to being friends.

To say it was complicated would be the understatement of the year.

"Hey. Ree, Ree." Stiles whispered whilst slowly peeling the girl's hand off of her face. "Talk to me."

Three simple words. And yet to Aires it seemed impossible.

How could she talk when nothing inside of her head made sense?

"You should go get ready." She mumbled back, forcing herself to give the boy a smile.

"Ree-"

"Go."

"Okay."

She wanted to scream for him to come back, to be patient whilst she gathered her words. However, she watched him walk away in silence.

There was nothing she possibly say that could even begin to explain the mess that was her mind.

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

The kitchen was eerily silent as I strolled into the room. Chris stood by the stove whilst Stiles and Isaac sat side by side on the kitchen island.

"Nice to see your back, Lahey." I mumbled with a smirk as I strolled further into the room. "So, did you two make up or something."

"We did." Both him and Chris answered in unison, making my smirk grow even bigger.