[chapter ten] a kindred spirit

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Run. As long as you run, the monsters can't catch up to you. But what if you're the monster? What are you really running from then?

I used to believe I was once innocent, a sweet child, but now I can see the truth. I can see the horror hidden behind glossed over memories, ones that Talia Hale put in my head. I was seeing what really happened, I was seeing the truth with each day that passes.

"TATE! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?" A woman wailed as she raced towards the girl whilst gripping at her chest.

The small blonde sat in the corner with wide eyes, feigning innocence. She didn't really know what she had done. She knew it was bad, she just wasn't aware of the extent of her actions.

"What?" She squeaked with a small head tilt and a frown, confusion swam in her eyes.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" The woman wailed, dropping onto her knees and clinging to a blood lifeless body. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO! GO, LEAVE! LOOK WHAT YOU DID- LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!"

The memory was confusing, and too hard for me to piece together with the rest. I was in the same building as the one in Mexico, there was another faceless brunette in it. But what was I doing there? And how old was I?

And what did I do?

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Isaac remained eerily silent besides Aires as she sped through the streets of Beacon Hills in one of Chris's cars, a matte black BMW. The perfect car for a villain.

"So, where the hell were you last night?" She asked. "You disappeared half way through the night."

"Yeah." Isaac hummed, unable to meet the girl's eyes as Scotts voice echoed in the back of his mind.

'Whatever you do, don't tell Aires. She will go crazy.'

"Isaac." She prompted again. "Where were you?" Curiosity no longer filled her words, instead they were laced with a hint of demand, sending the boy into a panic.

"Shit. I knew I should've walked to school. You know, how the hell do you know? Oh my god! Stiles is gonna kill me."

"What?" She hissed with a roll of her eyes. "Stiles?"

"Scott. He's going to actually kill me. Oh no. No. Oh my god-"

"Isaac what the hell are you on about?" She hissed through clenched teeth. 

"I DIDN'T KNOW THAT HE WAS GOING TO BITE LIAM!" The boy suddenly blurted out, unable to hold any secrets from the Hale any longer.

A murderous expression spread across Aires face as rage swam in her eyes. "What the fuck did you just say? EXPLAIN."

There was no point fighting it any longer. Aires always found out one way or another, and Isaac truly sucked at keeping secrets from her.

"Don't kill the messenger. But- I was at the hospital yesterday and... There was a small altercation. Someone tried to kill Scott and he ended up having to bite Liam to stop Liam from falling to his death."

Silence.

It was the worst response anyone could receive from the girl. Silence was dangerous, it usually meant she was thinking, in her own head.

"Aires?" Isaac whispered in a shaky voice.

"Let's just get to school." She snarled murderously. 

She knew the circumstances, she heard the story. But she couldn't stop the rage that burned through her. Liam, sweet, innocent, Liam. He was bitten. He would either end up dead or with his life ruined.