[chapter ninety two] the danger inside the room was me

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov....

It had been two weeks since graduation, since I walked across the stage, collected my diploma, and left a part of my life.

There were problems with Lydia, ever since we were in the same place, at the same time, ever since graduation- things had gone to hell.

With me, nothing had happened. And I was dying of boredom trapped inside the same four walls.

Leaning against the wall of my bedroom in the Hale house, I flipped a knife in my hand whilst staring at the target I knew I would hit across from me.

My eyes glanced across the wall at all the other targets I had hung, and on all the targets I had hit the bullseye every single time.

Nothing had happened since someone knocked me out, since I flipped out and attacked Blake. Absolutely nothing was going on, and it was driving me up the wall. With a scowl, I threw the knife to the side before snatching up a blood bag and downing it in seconds.

I was on edge, bored, hungry and pissed off.

I could hear the whispers in the walls, the ones telling me to do terrible, inhumane things. But I didn't listen to them, I couldn't listen to them. I was stuck in a never ending war inside my mind. To give in or to fight.

It was exhausting.

"Aires." Blake suddenly muttered whilst throwing open the door.

There was something in his eyes that disturbed me. "What's wrong?" I demanded.

"We're moving you to a safe house."

"Why?" Blake was always calm, always cool and concealed- but there was panic in his eyes. "What's wrong? What happened?"

Shaking his head at me, he silently paced about the room, snatching up my things and throwing them into a duffel bag. The way he moved, fast, frantic, panicked- it was sending me over the edge.

"What happened, Blake?"

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Oh my god-

"Aires-"

"What the fuck?" I choked out in a whisper as I stared at the scene in front of me.

Standing in the basement of the Hale house, I refused to believe what was in front of me. It wasn't real. None of it was real. It was all in my head. It was all in my head. It was all in my head-

"Where were you last night?" Blake asked in a low mutter. "A couple of hours ago?"

"My room-"

"What were you doing?"

As his question echoed in my mind, my body was suddenly paralysed in fear. I couldn't think of an answer because I didn't have one. I remembered holding a knife, I remembered the targets, but I didn't remember actually doing anything. I had two pictures in my mind, I didn't remember anything.

"What were you doing?" Blake promoted, making a sickening sensation curl in the bottom of my stomach.

"I don't know." I whispered whilst staring at all the lifeless bodies on the floor.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Slowly, my eyes fluttered open, and the never ending sensation of doom returned. They had sedated me before transporting me to god knows where. I didn't complain, didn't protest or put up a fight because I knew I was no longer allowed to know anything. I was becoming a stranger, and I couldn't complain.

"Where is everyone?" I questioned Blake who sat across from me.

"Isaac, me, Chris and Klaus are here. Stiles, Malia, Scott, Avory and Liam are with Lydia." He muttered, eyes on the floor, eyes unable to look at me.

It wasn't because he hated me, I knew he didn't. But I couldn't work out what was bothering him, what was tormenting him. I wanted whatever pained him gone, wanted him to be rid off it, wanted to destroy every single thread of it.

Because I hated the torture in his eyes.

"And Theo?"

"Nobody knows where he is, I've torn apart the town, he's there, but he's hiding- and doing it well."

Nothing had been going right, and there was nothing we could do about any of it. It was all crumbling down, all falling apart.

Glancing around me I studied the room. No windows, no exits I could see, there was no danger but then again, I was the danger. The danger in the room was me.

And I knew what I had to do.

"You need to put me in chains-"

"No." Blake snapped, dismissing the idea completely as he finally met my gaze.

"Blake-"

"This isn't up for discussion, Aires. I am not putting you in fucking chains-"

"If you don't put me in chains I am going to kill someone." I snapped bluntly. "I will get out and I will end up killing anyone I cross. So chain me up."

We both knew it had to be done, it was the solution, the only thing we could do to stop what we both knew was inevitable. And yet, Blake still refused to do it.

"No." He forced out through gritted teeth whilst slowly shaking his head at me.

"Blake." I whispered before sitting on my knees and bringing my hands to hold either side of his face.

He didn't flinch at my touch, didn't recoil, there wasn't a hint or a flicker of fear or resentment in his eyes. Something inside of me crumbled at the sight.

My entire life all I had longed for was someone, to have a person who wouldn't hate me. I had mastered the art of corrupting people, mastered the art of making them hate me. And yet nothing I did seemed to shake Blake, nothing I did changed the way he looked at me.

I used to think Stiles was my person, that he would always be the one to stand by my side, the one who I could never make hate me. I was wrong. Stiles and I fell apart because he reached his breaking point and I had driven him to it.

All along I thought that Stiles was my person.

But in reality, it was Blake.

"You have to." I pleaded with narrowed eyes. "You have to."

"Aires-"

"Please."

Something inside of his eyes softened in a way that only I could see. To anyone else, his eyes were cold, mean and calculating. But I could read them like a book, no emotion that flickered in them ever escaped me.

"Fuck." He hissed as he suddenly crashed his lips onto mine before ripping them away and walking out of the room to get the chains we both knew I needed to have wrapped around me.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES, I MOVED TO UNI SO THINGS ARE A BIT CRAZY BUT I'M TRYING TO COME UP W A ROUTINE.