[chapter eighty nine] to kill a ghost

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Sat with her hands on her lap, Aires stared at the fire in front of her, of the flames that engulfed the past she refused to grieve for any longer. She was ridding herself of all of it, she was trying to move on, trying to let the past go.

With a sad smile lingering on his lips, Chris slipped into the room. "Are you okay?" He whispered hesitantly.

"No, but I will be."

Whilst mustering up the best smile he could, he dropped the duffle bag at her feet. "I got you everything on your list."

"Thank you."

A new wardrobe, new belongings, new everything. She needed all of her past gone, needed to start fresh, needed to clean herself of everything that tied her back.

However, the one thing she was hesitant to change was her name. It was the only part of her family she had left, the only thing that she hadn't completely lost. She wanted- needed to change it, but she couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Blake is here." Chris suddenly blurted out, snapping the girl out of her thoughts and making a scowl blossom onto her face.

"Send the fucker away."

Soft laughter fell from Chris' lips as he shook his head. "He told me you'd say that."

"I mean it." She shot back. "Send him away, otherwise, I won't take any accountability for his death."

As if hearing his name, trouble appeared in the doorway with a stupid smirk on his lips that made her scowl grow as she rolled my eyes. Without a second thought, Aires jumped onto her feet and stormed towards him, ready to cuss him out however her words were cut off with a kiss as Blake crashed his lips onto hers.

For a second, she faltered and let him in, she let herself fall into his kiss, however, as he pulled back, a smirk on his lips, her scowl returned. Slapping his hands off of her, Aires crossed her arms over her chest before taking a step towards Blake and glaring into his eyes.

"Don't kiss me you motherfucker, not after the shit you pulled." She snapped with a scathing glare that only made his smirk grow.

"I was getting you a present."

"I have the right mind to kick your fucking ass right now." Aires shot back, unwilling to back down.

From the side, Chris watched the two with a soft smile on his lips. Pure, genuine tears burned in his eyes.

"Stay here." Blake muttered. "I'll be back in a second."

With a scowl, Aires flipped him off before turning back around and busying herself with the bag whilst Blake walked out. As he brushed shoulders with Chris, the Argent quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him aside and away from the doorway.

"I haven't seen Aires like that in a long time." He muttered.

"Like what?"

"Feisty. The fire she had in her died a while ago, I haven't seen it since."

Something flickered in Blakes eyes as he stared at Chris. "When did it die?" He questioned.

"After Sage, when she was around sixteen. Its-" Shaking his head, the Argents worlds trailed off as he tried to piece his words together. "It's like seeing a ghost."

"What do you mean?"

"It's like you've brought that fire back to life, a part of the old her. You brought her back to life."