[chapter fourty] if I knew it all then, would I do it again?

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Aires Hale.

I'm Aires Hale.

My choking gasps filled the air as I desperately clutched onto my chest. Everything. I remembered everything. Every person I ever loved, every good thing I ever did, every bad thing...

Suddenly, a strong hand wrapped around my neck and hoisted me off of the floor. Before I could even process what was happening, a wince fell from my lips as my back collided with the wall.

Kate.

Kate fucking Argent.

"You stupid little bitch, you just wont die." She hissed through clenched teeth as she slowly stalked towards me. "God, Allison was wrong. You aren't strong- you're pathetic. So, pathetic."

The roar of rage in my chest was deafening. Allison, my Allison. She had no right to speak about her, she had no right to have her name in her mouth.

Allison. Allison. Allison.

"FUCK YOU!" I screamed whilst jumping onto my feet.

Without a second thought, I charged across the room and whipped my hand against her cheek, slapping her straight across her face. The sound of my assault echoed through the air as I narrowed my eyes on her. She knew, she knew that I knew who I was. Only Allison would bring such an irrational reaction from me.

I knew who I was, I knew who Allison was, and I knew who Kate was. Kate Argent wasn't just someone who had pretended to like me just to betray me, there were layers of history that had been erased at the hand of Ester. Kate had murdered my family, she was the benefactor, she had tried to murder me.

Kate fucking Argent.

An angered scream fell from my lips as I quickly brought out my hands and wrapped them tightly around Kate's neck. Over two months ago, I had vowed to kill her. I promised myself that I would be the one to end her life, that this time, I would make sure she really died. It was time to fulfil what I had vowed months ago.

Kates muffled screams filled the air as my grip on her neck tightened. Red clouded my vision, completely blinding me and sensing me into a spiral of rage. After everything she had done, everything she had caused, how was it fair that she was the one who got to live? The world had brought back to the life the wrong Argent. She didn't deserve to live, Allison deserved to live. Kate hasn't made a few 'human' mistakes, she was a monster, she was purely evil. After all the harm she had caused, she didn't deserve to see another day.

"You!" I hissed in her face as I slammed her body into the wall. "You're the one who cant seem to fucking die!"

She did this, she started it all. Every single thing that had happened since the night of the fire happened because of Kate. She was the cause of my family's death, she was the reason Peter became the alpha, she was the reason that Scott was bitten. Stiles may have dragged us to the reserve that night to search for a dead body, but there would have never have been a body to find in the first place if it wasn't for Kate.

She was the one to blame.

She was the cause of everything.

I knew I wasn't a good person, I never claimed to be. I had blood on my hands, I knew I was the villain. But the difference between me and Kate was that I never tried to pretend I was anything different. I didn't play pretend and stick by one's side in order to deceive. If I wanted someone dead, they would be dead. I would always be seen as the villain, by my friends, the last remaining people in my family, the supernatural world. I would always be the 'bad guy'. No matter how much I could try to change, to repair the damage I had caused, it would always be there. They would all eventually turn their backs on me, push me away. I would always have a tainted heart.