[chapter twelve] paint it all red

TW: Mentions of abuse.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

A pounding sensation in the Hales ' head slowly began to stir her awake. Everything was bright, too bright for her. The sweet aroma of pancakes wafted through the room, bringing a small hum from her lips. But when her eyes fluttered open and she took in her strange surroundings, panic mixed with horror kicked in.

The events of the night before flashed through her mind as she frantically ran her fingers through her hair.

Alcohol. Dancing. Kissing. Lots of sex.

Stiles.

"Oh my god.'' She mumbled to herself before sleeping out of the boy's hold and shooting out the bed in a panic.

She had slept with Stiles in Lydia's lake house, where her friends were, where any one of them could have seen them.

"Fuckfuckfuck." She slightly slurred as she snatched her dress off of the floor and shoved it over her head.

"Ree." Stiles groaned with a hint of a smile on his lips. "Reeeeee-"

"Get up." She snapped in a panic as she raced about the room, desperately trying to fix the mess the two had caused.

Everyone had to have been awake, someone was cooking breakfast. Aires had locked the door, meaning nobody could have walked in on them. However, that didn't stop her pacing about.

If any of them saw them, they would know. If they knew what her and Stiles had done, what would they say? What would Malia say? The Hale had yet to speak to the girl about Stiles, she had completely forgot to ask her where her head was at.

Everything had turned into one big mess.

"Get dressed." She mumbled with a small glare before flipping her hair over her shoulder and strutting out the room.

Don't go back.

Don't go back.

Don't go back.

"Hey!" Lydia hummed from the kitchen island as she mindlessly tossed a pancake.

They didn't know. They couldn't know, right?

"I made you some iced coffee." The strawberry blonde softly whispered whilst sliding the girl a glass.

She had a glow about her, one Aires hadn't seen since before Sophomore year. She looked happy, but there was also a hint of sadness in her eyes, one that didn't go missed by the girl.

"I love you." Aires mumbled with a sigh as a smirk crept onto her lips.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Stiles pov...

Last night kept replaying in my head. Aires tongue against my skin, my hands lost in her hair. She was all I could think about.

The way she ran off this morning confused me but most of all, it pissed me off. She acted as if nothing happened, as if we didn't have mind blowing sex. And that was the problem, we did have mind blowing sex, and I wanted to have it again with her.

Aires Hale had intoxicated me, she was consuming all my thoughts.

Last night was definitely a night. I had seen a side to Aires I had missed. She smiled, she was happy. Whenever we were together she seemed to get out of her own head, she seemed to be able to breathe easier.

I missed my best friend, more than anything.

The only problem was I also really wanted to fuck her again. Like I really, really wanted to sleep with her again. But she was my best friend, and after the whole mess we had last year we decided to completely cut off our feelings for each other.