[chapter sixty five] you and I drink the poision from the same vial

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

By the time I made it to Rhys house, I needed something stronger than what I had originally went for. Shoving my way through the house, I searched for Rhys, growing more frantic by the minute until my eyes locked onto him.

"Thank fuck." I cursed under my breath before shoving my way through the crowd until I reached him.

"Aires Hale." He hummed with a grin.

"Rhys." I muttered back with a clipped nod of my head.

I didn't have time for casual conversation, I needed an escape- and fast.

"What is your after, princess?"

"Fentanyl." I shot back without missing a beat.

"Aires." He whispered as a hint of a frown tugged on his face. "That's the hard stuff, princess."

I knew that.

"I am fully aware of that, Rhys. But I need it."

The whispers in my head were growing too loud, taunting me, haunting me. I needed to silence them, I needed to breathe again.

"What happened to your head?" He asked, reminding me of the hell I had gone through just hours before at Eichen House.

"I fell." I shot back. "Rhys, please."

I could see the uneasiness in his eyes as he dug into his pocket and pulled out a small vial of clear liquid, followed by a fresh needle. Slowly, he placed the objects in the palm of my hand before giving me a small nod.

I knew he wouldn't ask questions, he would give me whatever I wanted because he understood why I needed it- he understood I also had a loud head. He knew I needed something to help me get through the day, something to make living just a bit more bearable.

Because at the end of the day, that was all I was trying to do- I was just trying to live in a world that hated me.

"Thank you." I whispered before spinning on my heel and running up the stairs, ready to fill my veins with the euphoric position that allowed me to escape my mind.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Blow after blow I continued to punch the boxing bag that hung from the ceiling of the old Hale house, revelling in the burning sensation that consumed my body. I was drowning in the pain, and I loved it. In a twisted way, the pain that coursed through me was soothing, almost relaxing.

It was reminding me I wasn't completely dead inside.

A prickling sensation that nipped at my nerves as my fists suddenly fell to my sides as my head peeked over my shoulder. Something or somebody was watching me.

It was the same feeling I had gotten when Lydia was in my house, the same feeling that had me on edge and ready to attack anything that came my way. It was the same feeling that made my hands curl into fists, and blind my vision with red.

A cool breath fanned against the back of my neck, bringing a scowl to my face as I swung around and slammed my fist into the hooded figure who lurked behind me. In an instant, his hands shot out to wrap around my throat, making rage flood through my veins.

"Fuck you." I hissed before wrapping my hands around his neck and twisting it as hard as could, hard enough that I didn't stop until the sickening sound of his bones snapping filled the air.