[chapter eighty six] lets hurt tonight

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I knew I couldn't run forever, that I couldn't hide any longer.

I had hundreds of questions, Lydia, Eichen House, Blake. I had so many fucking questions that I needed answers to, and the only way I was going to get answers was by demanding them.

Slipping down the stairs and into the kitchen of the Hale house, I watched as every set of eyes turned my way. Tears burned in Chris's eyes as he gaped at me. Quickly, he jumped to his feet, ready to hug me, but I couldn't do it, couldn't deal with anyone touching me when the memory of Dan's hands on my skin was so fresh. My hands flew up, stopping him as I retreated to the back of the room, far away from all of them. Quickly, my eyes found her.

"Lydia." I whispered as I stared at the scarred, hollow strawberry blonde in front of me.

Slowly, her lips tipped into a smile. "Aires." She whispered back.

She was alive, she got out, she escaped.

Guilt flooded my veins as I stared at her bruised and blooded skin. I should've been the one to get her out, I missed it all. But Stiles was alive.

"Did you get out okay?"

Quickly, she nodded. "I got out. We hit a few bumps, Val- he, tried to break my mind, but it didn't work. I got out and to Deaton in time. I'm okay."

She was okay.

She was alive.

She was okay.

I should have been relieved to have been out of Eichen House, but instead I felt nothing. I was completely hollow inside.

"What happened?" I forced myself to ask, not entirely sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"It's all over." Scott answered in a low mutter. "You won't ever have to go back. Valack is dead. And Eichen House is nothing but ashes anymore, it's been burnt to the ground."

His words made my lips part, however, nothing came out. A fire, it was all gone. The place that was my own personal hell was gone, and everyone inside it as well. It was all gone. I should have been happy, I should have been fucking celebrating, but something was stopping me.

Hesitantly, I glanced around at all their pained expressions, searched all the faces in the room and couldn't find the one I was looking for. I couldn't find him.

"Where's Blake?" I suddenly demanded, eyes wide and voice slightly trembling.

Silence.

Nobody uttered a word.

Nobody answered me.

"Where's Blake?" I choked out in a trembling mutter.

"We don't know." Scott answered, voice full of regret as his face scrunched up painfully.

The wind was knocked from my chest, bringing a strangled choking, gurgling haunting sound from my lips as I clutched my neck, willing myself to breathe. We don't know, we don't know, we don't know.

"He saved Lydia, he got her out of the fire, but then he went in again. I don't know why."

He went back in?

"No." I choked out whilst furiously shaking my head.

Not him. The universe had taken everything from me, it couldn't take him as well. Not Blake. He may have been sent to kill me, he may have hidden big secrets from me and I may have hated him for most of the time I had known him- but it was him. Blake.