[chapter sixty eight] somewhere in the haze, got a sense I'd been betrayed

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Everything was fucked up.

With trembling hands, I messily pushed the powder into lines before snorting them. The image of Lydia almost killing herself two days ago replayed in my mind, haunting me, taunting me. And no matter how much I snorted, the image refused to leave my head, and the whispers grew louder.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath when I realised I had taken everything in my emergency stash, when I realised I would have to drag my ass all the way over to Rhys house.

Shoving the empty packets back into my bedside drawer, I jumped off my bed and paced around the room. Running my fingers through my hair, I mentally commanded myself to calm down, I couldn't show up to Rhys in the state I was in. Though no matter how hard I tried to breathe, to calm down, my head seemed to be doing the opposite.

The sound of my bedroom window creaking open snapped me out of my trance and before I could think about what I was doing, I had used my magic to slam the person onto my floor whilst I jumped on them, my hands around their neck as I straddled their body.

A murderous scowl stretched across my face as my eyes locked onto Blakes, making me immediately drop my hold on him whilst he sat up with a scowl and me still sat on his lap.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I hissed with a roll of my eyes.

"Seeing how you are- fuck me. You're lucky I'm not human."

"I'm fine." I shot back.

"Not your most convincing tone but okay."

"I could've killed you, Blake. Don't sneak into my room."

"You used to love it when I used to sneak into your room." He shot back in a playfully dirty whisper.

"Do you have to make everything sound so dirty?" I snapped.

"You make it so easy."

"Fuck off."

"Aires." He suddenly muttered, making a wave of dread twist in my chest. I knew that tone, that serious, no joking tone.

When Blake used it, I dreaded it, because it meant I would have to do something I hated, something he would guess I would hate before he would even tell me what it was.

"We have to go to Scott's house." He whispered.

"No we don't."

"Yes we do."

"Oh please." I scoffed with a roll of my eyes. "Over my dead body am I stepping into that cowards house."

"Why are you so difficult?"

"Why are you so annoying?" I shot back with a glare.

Soft laughter tumbled from his lips as he shook his head, clearly amused at my rage. Without saying another word, he picked me up by my waist, making me wrap my legs around his waist, and carried me towards my window. Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks and gave me a hard glare before grabbing my wrists with his hands.

"Don't even think about using your magic on me you little devil." He muttered with a smirk. "We are going."

"Fine." I hissed. "But if I end up killing someone, you can hide the body."

"Deal."

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

It was christmas eve, and instead of sitting home, alone with my misery, I was forced to spend the night in Scott's house.

"We have all night." Scott whispered whilst handing out copies of the 'dread doctor' books. "If at any point anyone starts to feel anything, speak up."