[chapter eleven] ignite me

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

It was obvious things had turned sour when Aires turned to Liam, a fifteen year old hyper teenage boy, for relationship advice.

"I need to ask you something and I need you to swear to secrecy." She blurted out with a frown as she forced her eyes on the road whilst speeding down the road.

"Okay." Liam hummed with a lopsided grin, forcing himself to pretend as if the full moon wasn't affecting him.

"I have gotten myself into a... situation."

"LIKE MURDER?" He shrieked, excitement laced his words as his eyes widened.

"No. Not murder your dumbass." She hissed with a small shake of her head. "I almost fucked my bestfriend-"

Suddenly, a deathly shriek ripped through the air, making the Hale slightly swerve the car out of the lane. 

"WHAT?" She demanded.

"EWWWWWWW." Liam groaned whilst rubbing at his eyes. "STOP. STOP. STOP."

"What the fuck are you on about?"

"You said- You said the f word." He whisper hissed with a cringe.

"You mean I said I almost fucked my-"

The boy let out another shriek, making the girls blood boil. Her grip tightened around the steering wheel as she forced herself to breath.

"STOP SHRIEKING!" She screamed.

"STOP SAYING THE F WORD."

"OH MY GOD LIAM." She groaned whilst angrily rolling her eyes. "HAVE YOU NEVER HAD THE SEX TALK?"

"Ewwww." He squealed whilst burying his face in his hands.

A smirk pulled onto the Hales lips as she watched him nervously shifting about, looking as if he was on the edge of throwing up. He was like the sunshine with a hint of a storm, hyper and angry, kind and always on edge.

"Okay, we can talk about something else-"

"No, no, no!" He stuttered. "Tell me and I will give you advice, but don't use any icky words."

With a small sigh, Aires sank further into her seat, her mind already drifting. There was so much she needed to say, to explain, yet at the same time she was at a loss for words.

"Your best friend, what's he like?" The boy prompted with a small smile.

"He's good. Too good for me. He's got a good heart, a sweet soul, a smile that could bring life to the deadest of hearts."

"Well do you like him?"

"I do." She admitted.

"In what way?"

"I don't know. I just came back, and I dont think I'm ready for anything."

"Why not?"

"Because three months ago I lost a boy I loved as well as my best friend. And soon it will be a year since I lost my first love. Aiden was my comfort, I had him when I had nobody. Sage was different. It was complicated with her, I think I always loved her, ever since I was a child. And losing her- It completely destroyed me."

"And you're scared your going to lose this guy you might like?"

"Everyone I love dies, Liam. I'm not scared, I'm fucking terrifed. And I'm attracted to him, I know that. We've now had a few slip ups, but I can't be with him."