[chapter seventy five] are we still friends?

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

"Are you going to talk to me?"

I was slowly losing my fucking patience with the boy beside me.

"Aires-"

"Oh my god." I seethed through clenched teeth. "What? What the fuck do you want me to say to you?" I snapped disgustedly.

Hurt flickered in the boy's eyes as he recoiled away from me, inching closer and closer away from where I sat. My words hit him like I had intended them to, he was hurt because of them.

"I'm sorry." He whispered under his breath.

"So you've said." I muttered coldly.

"I'm sorry-"

"Stiles stop."

It didn't matter how many times he apologised, I wouldn't forgive him and to be honest- his apologies only irritated me. Everything irritated me.

"I'm sorry I punched Blake."

"You'll have to apologise to him, that's not my apology to accept."

"Fine." He huffed out like a little child with a roll of his eyes. "I will apologise to him."

"Okay."

"Okay."

Finally, silence filled the air. I wanted to be anywhere other than trapped in the jeep beside Stiles, and the irony wasn't lost on me. A place I once loved I hated, and a person I once loved I also hated. It was a sick joke from the universe, turning everything I loved into something I hated.

"Do you think this will work?" He suddenly blurted out, however, his eyes remained locked on the road ahead as his hands tightened around the steering wheel.

"You're not doubting my magic now, are you?" I asked with a roll of my eyes.

"I'm not doubting you, I'm doubting Scott. I know things are... tense, between you two."

"That's an understatement." I muttered.

"What happened? Between you two?"

I wasn't entirely sure myself. "I don't really know."

"Do you think there's a chance you'll ever be friends again?"

"No." That was an answer I could deliver with certainty. "I don't think we will ever be friends again."

"Do you miss it? The friendship?"

More than anyone could ever know.

I missed me and Scott, I missed me and Stiles, I missed Allison, Derek, Lydia, Sage, Aiden. I missed how it used to be, when the biggest problem in my life was trying to convince Stiles and Scott not to sneak into the woods the night before the beginning of sophomore year.

Everything was simpler. Everything was better. If only we all knew what was to come, who we would lose, who we would watch die, who would spiral and who would end up hating each other. I don't think any of us would have expected it, I don't think any of us would have believed it. Who I was then and who I was now were two completely different people.

Whilst I hated her, I missed the girl I once was.

"Aires-"

"Can we not talk about this?" I suddenly snapped.

"Okay."

"Okay."

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.