[chapter thirty four] the devil in disguise

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I had no idea just how much violence I was capable of.

As I sat in the meeting room, sounded by the new members of the council, I realised that not one of them had even so much as glanced in my direction. They were terrified, I could feel their fear radiating off of them.

Look at me.

Someone goddamn look at me.

"So that leads us back to our dilemma." The new ambassador whispered with a sigh. "What do we do about Lilah?"

"Lilah?" I questioned, speaking for the first time since I had called the meeting.

Plans had to be set in motion, in order to rule, I needed to know what I was doing. I needed to know who my enemies were, what our endgame was.

We were taking over The Elites, the world's most powerful coven that was taken out by a supposed 'assassin'. Someone needed to fill their old position, someone had to keep our hidden supernatural world intact.

Under my reign, nobody would dare to step out of line. I would control all of the covens, all of the packs. I would have control over them all. I didn't know what I wanted to do once I had the power, that was a problem for future me.

"Who's Lilah?" I pressed with narrowed eyes.

"Another problem-"

"She's not a problem." Kate suddenly hissed defensively. And as for what Tate was asking, she is my best friend."

Kate, having a friend? I had never heard of such blasphemy in my life. I didn't need to know her to know that she was evil, I could see the darkness in her eyes. But her having a friend? She was setting herself up to be weak.

She now had something to hold her back, a weakness. I made a mental note to remember that information, for potential future purposes.

I didn't trust a single soul, not even Ester.

"So she's on our side?" I mumbled with furrowed brows.

If she wasn't on our side and she was a liability, then that meant one more person on my list of enemies, one more person to kill. I didn't want potential threats to brew, I would annihilate them all. And I would show no mercy.

"Not exactly..." Kate whispered as a hint of a frown ghosted over her face.

"Why are you even here?" The ambassador suddenly snapped. "You don't belong in this room, at that seat."

The tension that had been brewing in the air was finally forming chaos, something I craved. With pursed lips I leant back in my seat and observed the scene in front of me. Ever since I had sat at the throne, it seemed as if everyone was getting in each other's faces. People were fighting, trying to push their way to the top.

They all wanted my approval, to fight by my side.

With a small sigh, Ester gently shook her head. "She has played a big part in getting us to this point. She was the one that told us Tate was alive, she was the one that constructed the ball plan. We have gotten this far because of her. She's helping us reach our goal."

"And what is this goal exactly?" I mumbled.

I knew what they wanted me to do, but they hadn't told me how I was going to do it. I wanted to know everything, every in and out, every enemy and person I would have to defeat. And I could tell there were answers I wasn't getting.