[chapter seventy six] please understand that i'm trying my hardest

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

The second I bursted into my bedroom, I flew to my chest of draws and yanked one open with trembling hands. Raindrops continued to drip down my face as my rain soaked clothes stuck to my body.

He knew.

Theo fucking knew.

And now so did Scott and Stiles.

I wasn't trying to get clean, but I had gone several days without drugs. I was slowly getting better, taking them less and less. But Scotts fucking words... They sliced their way into my soul, and the way he looked at me with complete and utter disgust was sickening. I wasn't getting clean, but I was using less. It was progress Scotts words had destroyed.

The needle felt cool against my skin, bringing a wince to my lips as I injected the liquid into my veins. The voices in my head were loud, haunting me. Scott had blurted out the truth in front of Stiles, it was only a matter of time until Chris found out- until everyone found out.

I needed quiet, needed everything to stop.

So I pulled out another needle and a bottle of fentanyl, ready to stick it into my skin- ready to ignore the voices that warned me against doing it.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I was high out of my fucking face- arguably higher than I ever had been before. How I was able to walk I didn't know. I was so out of it, and not a single part of me cared.

"Heard anything about Liam?" I muttered to Isaac whilst using the wall beside the staircase to hold myself up.

"Nothing." He whispered, not meeting my eyes.

If he looked at me- he would know.

"Lydia?" I poked.

"Nothing."

Without thinking, I stormed into the kitchen and wiped the contents off the counter, watching it shatter onto the ground. Screams flew past my lips as I broke everything in my path, as I destroyed everything I touched.

I was at my breaking point.

"SO WE HAVE NOTHING!" I screamed before picking up a rock and throwing it at the window. "ABSOLUTLY FUCKING NOTHING."

"AIRES." Isaac screamed, I didn't need to look at him to notice the panic that was consuming him.

I was scaring him- I was scaring myself.

"FUCK!" I screamed again before smashing the marble counter, making it crash down the middle and crumble into a pile of crap.

"AIRES STOP, PLEASE." Isaac pleaded, though his pleads went on deaf ears.

"I- I can't Isaac."

Run.

Run, Aires.

Run.

"I need to get the fuck out of here."

"You can't leave-"

I didn't bother listening to what else he had to say, fight or flight took over and I chose to listen to the voices and run.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I had run for what felt like hours before I finally stumbled upon Rhys house. It had to have been five in the morning, and yet with the party going on inside and outside, you would've thought it was midnight.