[chapter ninety six] bring me to life

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Something very fucking bad had happened.

The moment I opened my eyes, I realised I was in deep trouble. I was on the other side.

Quickly, I studied my surroundings, trying to guess where the hell I was. I had only been to the other side a few times, however, it wasn't that big. Many people either found peace, or haunted the other side until they eventually ended up banished to hell.

It wasn't that big, however, I couldn't even recognise where I was and that unnerved me.

As I sat up, I tried to recall what the hell had happened, however, I couldn't work out what exactly had gone wrong. I was in the chair, I let them in. But I woke up on the other side, something that hadn't happened before.

I didn't know where it was I went to when they were in control, I never remembered. However, sitting in the middle of snowy woods on the other side, I didn't doubt for a second that that was where they had been sending me.

However, I woke up- so something had changed, something that made this time different from any other time.

They were in my head, they were controlling my body, using my magic and necklace to send me to the other side and bring me back when they pleased because with the necklace, I had the freedom to go back and forth. But I was awake. I had woken up.

Slowly, I forced myself onto my feet and looked around in another attempt to find out where the hell I was. It was a failed attempt, I was in woods I had never been in before, surrounded by trees I didn't recognise.

A chill raced through my body as the bitter wind pricked at my skin, making me cross my arms to find them covered as a red cloak hung from my body- the red cloak I always had nightmares about.

"What the fuck?" I hissed under my breath.

Quickly, I ripped the cloak off of my body, not caring how cold I would be, not caring that it was snowing and minus degrees- I needed that thing off of my body.

Maybe it was all a cruel joke on me, maybe it was all just a nightmare.

Falling onto my knees, a guttural scream ripped from my lips. My balled up fists bashed into the snow over and over again, repeatedly- maniacally. Because something had gone wrong, I was on the other side, and they were in my head.

It was a sick fucking joke.

I was losing my fucking mind as I pummeled my bloody knuckles into the ice, as I watched crimson red drip down my teared skin. I had lost, they were in my head. Once again someone was controlling me.

I was feeling murderous, seeing only red.

I was ready to rip it all apart until suddenly I looked up to find myself sitting on a concrete floor, no longer in the woods, no longer in the woods- no longer on the other side. There was a clear distinction between reality and the other side, there was a change in the way the world looked.

And sat on the concrete floor, I was absolutely fucking positive that I was back in reality- only I had zero clue where the hell I was.

I didn't breathe, didn't move, didn't dare to speak or to call out anyone's name. Instead I sat on the cold concrete floor, on my knees, with my hands in my lap. I didn't know what would happen if I moved, if I made someone aware that I was me.