[chapter sixty] chasing shadows

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I couldn't scream.

A strong set of hands were wrapped around my neck like a vice, choking the life out of me. My hands quickly shot out, only to be snatched into a death grip and pinned above my head. With a thrust of my body, my feet desperately kicked from underneath me whilst I maniacally thrashed about.

Darkness coated my vision, leaving me to fight off something I couldn't see- something I wasn't sure was actually there.

With a strangled gasp, my eyes rolled to the back of my head whilst my body started to go limp and the darkness took over.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Once again I had woken up screaming bloody murder, my throat raw and my lungs burning. However this time, I had somehow slept for over twenty hours. Though I wasn't sure if that was the nightmares fault or the drugs.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath whilst running my fingers through my hair.

I was out of everything which meant a trip to Rhys house was in order, however, the thought of leaving my bedroom sent a sickening sensation plummeting through my body. It had been three weeks since I had returned home, and it had been two weeks since I had last seen anyone other than Isaac, Klaus, Chris and Malia. I was supposed to have returned to school last week, however I refused, rattling the excuse that I needed an extra week to catch up on the work I had missed.

It was bullshit.

Somewhere along the line, Blake had stopped sneaking into my room- stopped returning my calls. I knew he needed space, he was suffocating just as much as I was, he had been tortured as well. I knew that, I understood that. However, what I didn't realise was just how much I was leaning on him, how he kept me pulled together.

Something about him kept me whole, kept me from completely falling apart. Perhaps it was because of the time we had spent in the catacombs, or maybe it was because our souls were alike. I didn't have to pretend to be okay around him, I didn't feel judged, he understood me.

But he had stopped coming, so the drugs took his place.

I didn't know what day it was most days, didn't know what time or even where the hell I was. Chris barely checked on me, Klaus was too consumed with trying to think of a way to save his siblings that he didn't notice, and Isaac and Malia were too scared to talk to me.

I was alone.

And I liked it.

"AIRES!"

"For fuck sake." I grumbled under my breath before storming over to my bedroom door and swinging it open. "What?" I hissed with a scowl.

"Do you know where Stiles is?" She whispered with a hint of a frown.

"No? Should I?"

"Shouldn't you?"

"No." I shot back with a shake of my head. "We broke up, and we are barely friends."

"But still." She shot back with a whine, making me roll my eyes as her strop.

We really were sisters, so incredibly alike. Similar attitude, same rage in her hearts, however, Malia had a tendency to whine and strop, and whilst I loved her it drove me up the fucking walls seeing her pout the same way she did when we were six and she didnt get her way.

"I don't know, Malia." I snapped.

"It's important, Ree."

"Call Scott?" I suggested before spinning on my heel and strolling further into the room.