[chapter eighty four] death and all his friends

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Most people wished for a car on their birthday, maybe money, maybe clothes- I wished to die.

Just seconds after the clock hit midnight, Blake was dragged out of my cell and I was dragged back into Valacks torture chamber where I was relentlessly beaten. Laying back in my room hours later, I was drowning in a puddle of my own blood, I was swimming in crimson red.

From down the hallway, I could hear faint screams- screams I knew were Lydia's. I wanted to move, to push myself up and help her, but I couldn't even bring myself to open my eyes. Breathing was taking everything out of me, it was draining the life out of me.

I couldn't do anything else but bleed out on the cold floor.

The sound of my door creaking open ripped through the air, bringing a sigh from my lips as my body curled up from the tension.

Please kill me.

Please kill me.

Please kill me.

"Aires."

I was hallucinating, as I opened my eyes and came face to face with Stiles I was sure I was hallucinating. He wasn't there, he wasn't real. I was sure I was dead, or close to it.

As his hands reached out for me, a choking gasp fell from my lips as I used every ounce of strength and adrenaline in me to jerk from his touch. Get him away, he wasn't real, get him away.

"I found you. I found you."

"You're not real." I choked out lifelessly.

"I am, Ree. I'm real, I'm here. We are all here, me, Scott, Liam, Kira, Malia, Isaac, Avory and Parrish. We're here, I'm here."

"Derek said the same thing to me before he almost got me killed."

Derek said those same words, he tricked me, played me like a fool. I wasn't listening, I was done. I wanted the mind games to stop. Being in Eichen House, the voices in my head stopped. However, with them gone I was left with nothing but my own thoughts, which I thought were worse than the voices.

"I'm real." Stiles pleaded whilst brushing his fingers against my face, bringing a wince from my lips.

"Don't fucking touch me." I hissed.

I couldn't handle the touch of anyone, it made me physically fucking sick. I needed the mind games to stop, because to have a figment of my imagination putting their hands on my scarred skin was cruel.

"I'm real-"

"Derek said the same thing before he gave me to Theo." I shot back, watching with slightly narrowed eyes as the figure in front of me shook their head.

"Happy birthday, Ree. I'm gonna get you out of here-"

"No."

"Yes."

I was arguing with someone who wasn't even there, I was sure I looked insane. However, I just needed them to go away and leave me alone. I wanted to die in peace.

"Your not real-"

"Aires." Stiles snapped, making my lips slam shut as I looked at the boy in front of me.

Slowly, the dizziness started to subside and the reality of what was in front of me became clear. The gate was slightly open and as I cocked my head to the side, I spotted Scott standing down the hallway, on the other side of the closed unit.