[chapter ninety seven] status report

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

"Status report?"

Robotically, Aires woke up once again, only this time she wasn't Aires, and this time she wasn't on the floor in the woods, she was on the nemeton.

"Mental state is fractured."

"The plan is a go, there is nothing to stop The Eve Witch from fighting against the plan anymore."

"Aires." A dread doctor snapped, and with a cocked brow, the girl turned to face them. "Bring Amalie home."

With a nod, Aires ripped her necklace from her neck and slid off of the nemeton. The darkness was in control, and Aires was stuck on the other side.

Sinking onto her knees, the necklace sat in the palm of her hands whilst her eyes fluttered closed. There was nothing stopping her from using her full potential anymore, nothing stopping her from going full out.

As she began chanting under her breath, the wind around her suddenly picked up. Dark magic raced through her veins as she channelled all her power, all her strength. There was no guide on what she was doing, there was no textbook to tell her what to do.

She was playing with the unknown.

Blood tears silently raced down her cheeks as the wind around her picked up. It was taking everything in her, taking all of her strength and power. She was doing something that had never been done before- something that would break the supernatural world.

She was doing something nobody had ever been successful doing, and as her eyes suddenly flew open, it became obvious that something had shifted.

"Was she successful?" A dread doctor asked eagerly.

Slowly, Aires walked over to the tree stump, over to the nemeton.

"Was she successful?"

There was a body on the nemeton, one with gorgeous dark curls, one who wore a soft smile in their sleep. As Aires hand brushed against her skin, the sound of their heartbeat ricocheted through her skin.

Aires was a baby vampire, she detected the heartbeat within seconds.

"Was she successful?"

As she turned around to face the dread doctors, a hint of a smirk ghosted her lips.

"She was."

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Crimson red coated her body as Aires laid in the bathtub, swimming in a sea of blood. Slowly, she brought her finger tips to her face, only to drag them down her cheek and paint her skin red.

They had run into a problem, one Aires had taken care of.

An entire village had been terminated at her hands.

At the dread doctor's request.

It wasn't the same way it was when she had been consumed by dark magic at sixteen, she wasn't as weak as she was then. There was nothing anybody could do to bring her back, Allison and Sage couldn't save her this time.

It was her against herself- and she had lost.

All the years of her doing dark magic, of playing with trouble, taking in Void, The Society, Eichen House- there was only so much darkness she could hold. And she had pushed herself to her limit- she was up to her neck in dark magic, drowning in it.

It morphed into the only thing it could, it couldn't share a part of Aires, it needed all of her- it created a darkness within her that hid behind The Violet Door- until it broke out.