[chapter nineteen] consume

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Silence.

My whole life I was lied to, manipulated, brainwashed. Everything had become tainted in crimson red.

I couldn't bring myself to talk, to move, to do anything other than sit in silence. Hours ago my whole world had come crashing down, shattering every last thread of hope and happiness.

Everything was a lie.

I didn't know who I was anymore.

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Three days later...

Garrett was still missing. Violet was in custody. Brett had survived.

Everything seemed to be going okay, the pack were close to finding Garrett, Liam was beginning to learn control, Isaac and Malia were slowly turning into more than friends.

And then there was Aires.

The Hale hadn't left her bedroom in days, refusing to talk to anyone, to see anyone. She was slowly spiralling inside her own mind whilst pushing everyone she loved away. She needed time to come to terms with what Ester had told her, what her life really was like. But the more time that passed with her by herself, the more she was slipping.

Everyone was worried, Chris, Isaac, Scott. Yet they couldn't bring themselves to try and talk to the girl in fear of how she would react, what she would do. They didn't know she had gone to Ester, they didn't know what she knew. What they did know was that Aires was in one of the worst depressive episodes she had ever had.

And there was nothing they could do to help her.

"Stiles?" Scott mumbled with a frown as he lightly nudged the boy.

But Stiles couldn't tear his eyes off of the blonde at the end of the hallway. Slowly, Aires strolled towards her locker, her eyes void of emotion as she avoided eye contact with everyone.

It was the first time she had left her bedroom in over seventy two hours.

"Stiles?"

"She's here. In school." The boy whispered with wide eyes as he studied the girl's movements, the way kept her head high, the way darkness swam in her eyes.

He could see it all.

"I know, Chris called me this morning. Apparently she left at five, he had no clue where she was going, only that she was eventually going to show up at school."

"Has he spoken to her?"

"No. She hasn't said a word in days. Don't worry, Stiles. Ree has had episodes like this before, she will be okay."

But that's the thing, yes she had experienced episodes of depression before, some lasting longer than others. But it wasn't just her bipolar that was affecting her, it was more than that, and Stiles could see it. Something else had happened, something much more serious, darker.

Without another word, the boy slung his bag over his shoulder and strolled over to the Hale. He quickly placed his hand at the top of the locker, angling his body so that her view was blocked from everyone else. If anyone had a chance at getting her to talk, it was Stiles.

"You and me, Marvel marathon?" Stiles mumbled with a lopsided grin, praying his smile would be enough to get her to open up.

Nothing.

Aires stared at the boy with wide empty green eyes, her lips parted. Inside her, a whirlwind of emotions fluttered in her chest, threatening to make a smile pull on her lips. Because even though she felt like dying, Stiles had managed to bring a hint of emotion from her.