[chapter seventeen] skyfall

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

Whilst running my fingers through my hair, I quickly made my way towards the bleachers, forcing my mask to slip back on. Maybe I was being paranoid, but I swore you could smell the sex on me.

"Hey." I mumbled to Liam whilst pulling him into a hug.

I needed to get all thoughts of Stiles out of my head, especially after what we had done. We had not one, but three slip ups. And it had become painfully clear that we could never go back to how we were, whatever that was...

"Your watching the game?" Liam asked with a lopsided grin.

"Of course I am! You're going to do great, I'll be cheering for you the whole time."

"And not for Brett?"

Of course somebody had told him about my friendship with Brett, I was willing to bet that it was Stiles as well. With a roll of my eyes, I ruffled the boy's hair before giving him an encouraging push.

"Go warm up. Good luck!"

Annoyance bubbled in my chest as I strutted my way over to my friends, using all my willpower not to look at a certain honey eyed boy. But I could still feel his heavy gaze on me, following my every movement.

Don't look, Ree.

"Good luck, Scotty."

"Thanks, I'll be needing all the luck in the world to survive this chaos." The boy bitterly mumbled back with a shake of his head.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"An assassin. Ones on the team." Stiles answered, sending a race of chills through my body.

His gaze burned into me, turning me into a slightly breathless mess. I could feel him, everywhere.

"Who?" I forced out, ignoring the small waver in my voice.

"Garrett."

I didn't need to check to see who he was talking about. The freshmen had already been on my hate list from the moment he teased about Liam's, his supposed 'best friends', nightmares. The second Liam told me I wanted to rip the boy's head off.

"Of course." I hissed through gritted teeth as my hands clenched into fists.

"Ree, if you see anything off, even something small-"

"I'll do something, catch him off guard." Mischief glistened in my eyes as a hint of a smirk ghosted over my lips.

I wouldn't necessarily kill the boy, but if he so much as put one hand on Scott, Stiles, Kira, Brett or Liam, I would send him dumpling to the ground in pain. Nobody could really suspect it was me if he just happened to drop dead, well, everyone but my friends.

"Guys, it's us three. It started with us." He continued, bringing a tight, uncomfortable squeeze from my chest.

Everything started with the stupid idea to search for a body in the woods, one that turned out to be my sister. However, that was never the real start.

It all began when I was born.

If I wasn't alive, Kate would've never set the fire with the intention of thinking I was in it. My family would have all been alive, Aiden would've been alive, Sage would've been alive.

Allison, would've been alive.

But despite all the bad, terrible and tragic things, there had been good times. Scott had fallen in love, I had fallen in love, our trio had turned into a group, a pack. Our pack.