Ch 1 : bitter

{ Miko }

                           { Miko }

"HEYY SUNSHINE" my brother yells and I laugh. "Hey, how are you?" I asked as I sat in my room. " this isn't about me, this is about you. What's been going on with you? Has anybody put they hands on you? Did dad go too far-" I cut my little brother off.

"Chill. But it's been the same old same old. Nothing new." I said as I watched tv in my room. "Mhm, if he put his nasty ass hands on you, I will come down there and kill him. I promise you that." I shook my head.

"How's football?" I asked and he sighs. " tiring. Coach made us do almost 12 fucking laps around the whole field. I hate it here bro." My brother said

" you poor baby." I said. He scoffed at my remark. "My legs fucking hurt." He said.

"Stop being a pussy." I said and he gasped dramatically. " I can't imagine myself being a pussy. But I have to tell you something and have to ask you a question after it." I frown and sit up right.

"Okay...tell me." I said and he lets go a deep breath.

"Okay, in a week, me and the whole football team is going to Texas for the whole summer because that's where all our summer games will be at..." he stopped talking for a few and I waited

" what's the question Sam?" I asked impatiently. He does this all the time and it messes with my anxiety.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to take a break from them...I would really like it if you came with me. I hate some of these boys. Expect for Mike. That's my bestie bae." I chuckle.

"No ." He sighs.

" I told grandma to go over there for the summer. They will be in good hands Miko, come be with meeeee. I miss my big sister. " I stood up out of bed.

"No sa-" I was cut off by yelling. Shit. "Okay, I have to go, I love you lots." I said and he sighs sadly.

"Okay, I love you lots more." That's when I hung up. I open my bedroom door and walked down the hallway. I know he wants me to go, but I'm not comfortable going all the way to Texas.

The yelling had got louder once I made it to the steps. I stood there and listened.

"WHY THE FUCK ISNT DINNER DONE?!" My drunk father slurred. "WELL IF YOU WOULD'VE BROUGHT FOOD LIKE I TOLD YOU  3 HOURS AGO, IT WOULD BE IN THE REFRIGERATOR!" My mom yelled back . 

I have a drunk father and a high mother.. not a good combination. It's a horrible one. They used to love each other...but once my fathers mother died, shit went left.

" WHO ARE YOU TALKING TOO?" He yelled and I heard him stomping towards her. I ran downstairs and ran in front of my mom. As much as they hate me, I have to protect them both.

"Calm down, I'll just order us something to eat." I said and he gave me a disgusted look. "Why aren't you out of this house? No one wants you here." My dad said.

My mom pushed me out of the way. Not going to lie, I sometimes sound like a pick me when I try to break up an argument or fight.

But, oh well.

" well if your father wasn't so damn drunk, we all would've had something to eat." My mom said and that's when...he slapped her. Oh god.

My mom touched her cheek, then out of no where started hitting him back. Now, it was a full blown fight. 

Welp.

I got in between them both and wrapped my arms around my dads waist. I start pushing him towards the opened door. I had got a couple punch's to the back but that didn't stop me from pushing him out the house. Once he was out, I unwrapped my arms from around him and closed the door in his face.

"FUCK ALL OF YOU IN THAT DAMN HOUSE. STUPID BITCHES!" I'm exhausted. Mentally and physically. 

"So you didn't eat at all?" I asked my mother. "Fuck you. You don't care. All you want is my money." Well that was random.

And if I didn't care, You would've been dead a long time ago. But no, I'm still here. Dumbass.

I frown. "I don't want your money though." I said and she scoffed. "Yes you do. You probably sneak in my room and take money to get these slutty ass clothes you have on now."

I have on a crop top and sweatpants.

"Oh." Was all I said. All the comments and remarks she makes are random and it hurts. I will never understand her.

"Are you hungry or not?" I question . Him and her are the reason why I'm insecure. But it's okay.

"No. I'm leaving. Clean my house up." She said and left. She slammed the door behind her. Where is she going with bruises on her face? I ran towards the door and opened it.

"MOM AT LEAST LET ME CLEAN YOU UP!" I yell out to her. She didn't listen...she just continued walking. I do so much for them .

I work, cook, break up their fights...make sure everything is fine...just to get disrespect in return. A divorce and separate homes is what they need. Help is what they need.

I close the door and look at the mess.

I put my hair up in a bun, grab some gloves, and went to go start some mop water. About to make this house shine...for the 3rd time this week.

My back hurts.

Poor baby (bad grammar will be fixed)