Ch 7: stubborn

{ Miko : next day }

                          { Miko : next day }

I was at my desk, answering some emails until my phone rung. I look at it and it said no caller Id. I frown but answer.

"Hello?" I said confusingly. "It's Antonio." Antonio said and I continued typing away. "What's up?" I said and sent the email back. " what time you get off work?" He asked. I frown, " how did you know I have a job?" I asked, "everyone has one...well most people and your car." He said. "Well, why?" These emails take too long for my enjoyment.

"Duh, so all three of us can do something." He said in a obvious tone. "I barely know you Antonio." I said reading my next email.

" girl, that's the damn point of this meet up. And you have to come. Hunter wants to say sorry." He said and that's when, I heard hunters voice.

" don't believe not a damn word he says. I'm not saying sorry for shit." He said and I chuckle. "Give me that phone back." I heard Antonio struggling.

" as I was saying, yeah he wants to say sorry for calling you a bitch." He said and I sigh. "I get off at 2:30. I'll see you then." I said answering another email.

" great, I'll send you the address of this cafe. See you there honey." Then I hung up the phone.

Welp, I guess I have to go.

                         { Hunter : after call }

"You will have to kill me if you think I'm saying sorry." I told Antonio as I sat down on the couch. "I told you yesterday you were going to have to say sorry. And you agreed." He said standing in front of me.

I shook my head.

"I didn't agree to anything." Antonio rolled his eyes.
"Just say sorry. She didn't do anything wrong at all. All she did was give you advice, which let me remind you, helped you win the fight. And told you to clean your hands properly, which LET ME REMIND YOU, YOU DID! It's not like you didn't listen but oh shes all of a sudden a bitch." he said and I was quiet.

He had a point. I did listen. But I'm still not apologizing.

"Yes." I said with a shrug.

"You are so fucking stubborn and it makes me so fucking mad that that's who you are." He said and I raise an eyebrow at him. He then started walking away.

"I never asked you to be my best friend though." I said honestly. "I'm leaving." He said . "With what car?" I said looking at his back.

"I'm walking." I chuckle, "with people after you?" I asked. He took his jacket off and threw it on the floor aggressively.

"IM GOING TO MY ROOM!" he yelled, irritated and ran upstairs. That's when I heard his room door slam closed.

I shook my head. drama queen.

I got up and started making my way upstairs. I knocked on his door. He can't be mad at me for so long. That's not like him.

"Leave me alone." He said. I opened the door to see his face in the pillow . "Okay, what's wrong?" I asked him leaning on the door frame.

"That was the most dumbest question you have ever asked me." He said. "I apologize." I said. "It's okay."  told you.

"But you are apologizing to the wrong person ." He said picking his head up. I frown. "There's no one else I need to apologize too." I'm not apologizing. I don't care.

"You need to apologize to Miko, Hunter. She didn't deserve to be called a bitch." I sigh loudly.

"Call her and I'll apologize." I said sticking my hand out. He shook his head, "you are going to the cafe with me so you can apologize." He said and I put my hand in my pocket.

"That's too much work and words." I told him. "Welp, you want to put yourself in so much work? So, I'm gonna give you so much work. Which is, first step, apologizing," I stare at him.

"And not the fake ass I apologize. A real one. Which is an I'm sorry." my eyebrows raised.

"You're asking for too much." I said wrapping my head around what he's asking for. "No, you are making it into so much." He said turning his game on.

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are. You can't do one simple thing without making it into so much, only because you don't do much except, fight, fuck, eat, then sleep. That's all you do. Something needs to change about it." I stared at him.

"All you show is anger. nothing nice comes out of you. You are nonchalant and toxic. I'm just trying to be a good friend by being honest with you. I just want the best for you."

I blink at him.

I went through too much to be going through emotions again.

"you need to let the past go. That shit is holding a lot against you and it's turning you into a bad person with out you noticing."  That's it.

I narrowed my eyes at him and walked towards him. I stood in front of him and he looked up at me.

" i know I'm turning into a bad person. but I don't give not one fuck. I was tired of showing so much emotion and being nice just to get walked all over. only things I'm good at is fight, fuck, eat, and sleep. Like you said. I don't care about nobody else except for the person who's sitting right in front of me and the dog that's behind you," he crossed his arms.

"As Long as i can provide for me, you, and that pit bull ...then I'm good. I don't need someone telling me to break down the wall that took me 6 years to build. I'm not apologizing. She probably didn't even care that much about it." I said and he nodded.

"You want a hug..?" He asked and I blink at him.

I want to say no so bad. "Sure." I answered and he opened his arms. I put myself into his embrace and he wrapped his arms around me.

When he realized I wasn't hugging him back he put his head back and look at me, "hug me." He said and I rolled my eyes but wrapped my arms around him anyway.

"Okay that's enough, " I let him go, "did you feed my daughter?" I asked him. He shook his head. "NINO GET UP." I yelled and Antonio jumped.

She got up alerted. "Come on." I said and she followed me out of Antonio's room and down the stairs, to the kitchen.

Two broken people? Interesting.