Ch 2 : Three of them.

{ Miko }

{ Miko }

While I was sweeping up the glass that was in the kitchen, the house phone rung. I look at it with a frown. Who would be calling 12 in the morning?

I walk towards the phone and answered it.

" ummm hello?" I said, confused and tired. "Hey baby." I heard my grandmother say and I was more confused.

"Grandma, why aren't you sleep?" I asked her and I heard her laugh. "I couldn't sleep so I decided to call you. How are you?" She said and I can almost hear the smile on her face.

I sat down on the floor, "I've been good. How are-" she cut me off  "don't lie to me. Just by hearing your voice you probably look exhausted. Now I'm going to ask again. How are you?" Well alright.

I don't like talking about my feelings. Only person I would really talk about them too is Sam. He would listen and calm me down, as if I was his child. BUT IM THE OLDEST.

"Miko? Are you there?" I heard my grandma say and it brought me out of my thoughts. "I'm okay grandma. How are you?" I asked

"I've been fine. I heard you are going to Texas." I mentally slap my forehead. That dickhead. " I'm not going." I said and played with my bracelet that sam got me.

He got it for me to remember him because he was going to college. Even though it's like 2 or 3 hours away.

" if you don't go to Texas and enjoy the summer. You've been stressing Yourself out too much with school and your parents ." Yes my grandma knows about this.

" I don't want to go, I'm not comfortable being in a different state." I said getting irritated.

"It will be a stress relief for you. You need and deserve it. Just Go with your brother, he really misses you" she said.

"No." I said once again. Nobody will ever understand.

"And it's not just arguments anymore, they have been fighting, physically." I said and rubbed my eye. Just a small itch.

"Have you been in the middle of that?" If you thought I was going to say yes, you're SO WRONG. "No, I would just stay upstairs. I don't know how to stop them both." She sighs sadly.

"I'm sorry you have to go through that. Why aren't you in your own home yet?" too many questions is being asked.

"Because, I don't want them being alone. This house would look a mess and no one would be healthy." I say.

" they both aren't healthy now. I think you should get your own place. Especially with the money you are making from the job you have, you'll have enough to get a one bedroom apartment. Let them figure everything out by themselves." Yeah, she has lost her mind.  And it really made me upset, not mad though because I get she's trying to help. But she isn't helping at all.

" I'll talk to you later grandma." I said. "Oh, okay. Have a good night." She said and I hung up.

Me getting my own apartment and leaving them two alone in the house by themselves is a no go. I don't even go outside and go to the market. I have to order it.

Only time I'm outside is when I'm going to work. That's it. Or throwing the trash out. I don't trust them at all by themselves. No matter how much my dad leaves and my mom stays in the house . When they are both here, they both can't be left alone.

That's why I turned Sam's room into my dads room since Sam won't be here for 4 years. I already know he won't come down here for holidays. What's the point? He hates our parents and he told me he some what cried the first week he was there because he didn't want to leave me here.

But he had to get over it because I wasn't leaving. I know how to take care of myself. 

He hates them because of the fights they have. He hates how they used to treat him. I basically took care of him since he was 10. Yes, 10 years old.

My dad's mom had died when Sam was 10. And he went into a deep depression. My mom had always loved our dad more than her own kids. So shit has been going left for a while.

She tried taking care of him and that's when one night, my dad came home drunk and has choose beer over his family. Once my dad started drinking, she stopped taking care of herself and him.

Me and Sam wasn't even in their picture anymore . It's like we didn't exist to them at all. 

She used to do cocaine but I'm glad she doesn't do that anymore. She didn't like the effects of it. So, she smokes cigarettes and weed. But I feel like that's not all she's taking.

It's something else. I got up and went into her room that was downstairs. The room was a mess and had a horrible smell. I went into her bathroom and turned the lights on. Trash was everywhere.

I open her cabinet and seen tooth paste, a toothbrush, face wash, a box of cigarettes, a bag of weed, and...a pill bottle.

I grab the bottle and shook it. It was like four pills in here. I turn the bottle around and read the label.

Steroids.

This small bottle was filled. And now it's only four in here. I am...shocked. I knew it was something else. Fuck. I put it back and walked out her room. I made sure I turned the lights off and closed her door. I went back in the kitchen and continued cleaning.

That just made my stomach flip. This is bad. Really really bad. Thank god the only thing I had to clean was the sink.

Once I had got done sweeping, I cleaned the sink and the dishes that was in it. I have to get food. I'll do that tomorrow.

Right now, I just want to lay down.

When I was done cleaning the sink, I put everything back and ran upstairs and right into my room. I took all my clothes off until I was left in underwear.

I put the blanket over me and stared up at the ceiling.

My mom is taking steroids almost everyday.

The tears starts to form. I understand the weed and maybe the cigs but...steroids. Oh god.

What made her even go down that path? I should go find them. No, there's no point. Their both probably sleeping around somewhere.

I'm dizzy and hot. I feel sick.

Weed and steroids together isn't good. That together can cause some real health issues. I might lose my mom.

I felt as if I wanted to throw up, but then...I was out .

I feel so bad for her, love you all <3 ( bad grammar will be fixed)