Chapter 15 - Queen Mary Day 1

Anna's POV

It was 8:30 PM and we were back at the Queen Mary, this time to stay overnight. I felt chills run up and down my spine as we got closer and closer to the ship, I could feel myself starting to panic remembering what happened to me just the night before.

I felt myself stopping myself and soon I was stopped on the sidewalk as Sam, Colby, and Megan continued walking. Just then Colby looked back and noticed me standing there in the middle of the sidewalk, he turned back towards me and within seconds he was by my side. I felt his hand rest on my lower back as he pulled me into him.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. I'll be right here okay?" He said with a soft smile. I looked up at him and gave him a smile back. I instantly felt relaxed feeling him next to me.  I leaned into him now too giving him a side hug. "You do always know what to say don't you?" I said as I let my eyes wander his face and then back to his eyes. His eyes grew big and so did his smile as he rubbed my shoulder before we both started walking to catch up to Sam and Megan. 

I caught Megan's eyes and I can't explain it but she almost looked pissed. Pissed that Colby came to comfort me so I wouldn't have another panic attack. Whatever. She looked away from me now and crossed her arms the rest of the way into the ship.

We got checked in and found our room, it was a small room with 2 queen-size beds. The second we walked in, I felt shivers all over my entire body.

"Did anyone else just get super cold?" Sam asked. I made my way in and sat down on one of the beds as I looked around the room. "Yup," I said as I studied the room, the energy was so different in here. 

I heard Colby sigh, "Well guys, let's get set up for the intro, and then we will start investigating, sound good?" I nodded and was about to speak when Megan jumped up, "Sounds good to me Colby," She said in a flirty voice. I rolled my eyes as I stood up too. I saw Colby smile lightly before turning away from her to grab his camera. something about Megan's attitude towards me and now towards Colby was starting to piss me off now.

We all stood together in the middle of the room as we waited for Colby to start the video. "Alright guys, here we go," Colby said as he shot Megan and me a smile. I smiled at the camera now waiting for Colby's voice. "Whhhat's up guys it's Sam and Colby!" He said as he pointed at the camera with a smile and then looked over at Sam. Sam smiled now too and started talking, "We are currently at the Queen Mary, where we will be investigating and spending the night for the next 2 nights, and we are honestly terrified." he said with a laugh.

"We also have our contest winners here with us," Colby said as he and Sam turned toward us. I smiled and nodded then waved to the camera. "This is Anna and Megan, how are you guys feeling?" He asked us as he put his hands on his hips. 

Megan laughed now, "I'm honestly feeling so good and super excited, I'm not scared at all." She said in a high pitched excited voice. Ha. Bullshit. I tried not to roll my eyes again. 

"Heck yeah!" I heard Sam say now, "What about you Anna?" He asked. I smiled at him and at Colby, Colby's eyes were soft as he looked at me. I smiled more, "I can honestly say I am terrified, but I can't wait to get started." The boys laughed a bit then Sam continued talking to the camera. 

I looked over at him and smiled as he talked but my eyes just kept catching Colby. The way he acted in front of the camera was honestly how he acts behind the camera, I respect him for that. I listened as he would jump into Sam's commentary, I watched as he swayed back and forth, hands in his front pockets. 

God, he is just such a pleasant human being to be around. I want to know him; his thoughts, his feelings, his fears, his likes, his dislikes. What does he do on Sunday mornings, what does he think about all day.