Chapter 24 - Jealousy

"I still can't believe that happened. Holy shit," Megan said as she flopped down on our bed, throwing her arms above her. She was literally glowing.

The game ended not too long after Colby and Megan kissed. We all agreed it was getting late and it was time to head in especially since Megan and I needed to get up early to leave in the morning.

I smiled lightly and sat down next to Megan "You're welcome." I said as I reached for my phone and started pretending I was doing something on it. I haven't seen Megan this happy in a long time. Part of me was happy seeing her like this but then I remembered why and it made my stomach turn. 

Megan sat up now and threw herself at me in a hug, "Seriously Anna you have no idea how happy I am right now. I made out with Colby Brock like - never in a million years did I think that would ever happen." She was smiling so wide as she grabbed her phone. "He is such a good kisser too." She said as she laid back down on the bed. 

Trust me, I know.

"Oh yeah?" I said back instead. She nodded frantically, "Yes. Probably the best kisser I've been with."

I chuckled a bit and laid down next to her as I saw her pull open Twitter. "Megan, don't go tweeting about it now. Respect Colby's privacy and yours. You're going to get so much hate if you do." 

She stopped for a second, then looked over at me. "Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll just tell my friends," she said with a smile as she exited Twitter and opened up a group text on her phone. 

I sighed and sat up and decided it was time to get ready for bed. 

-

It felt like I was laying in bed for hours. I stared up at the ceiling as I thought about everything from the last few days. I didn't want to leave. I just wanted a few more days here. But Megan and I were leaving in less than 12 hours. 

I sighed and grabbed my phone, it was 1:30 AM and I didn't feel remotely tired. I got up now quietly, trying not to wake Megan. I was surprised she fell asleep as fast as she did tonight. 

I made my way to the door, opening it slowly and closing it behind me. I made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen hoping to find some sort of snack because I was starving all of a sudden. 

When I made it to the kitchen, I noticed there was a light on on the far side of the room. There was also someone standing with the refrigerator door open.

I walked in slowly, trying to not startle whoever was in the kitchen. That's when I saw Colby's head peak out behind the refrigerator door. When he saw me he smiled instantly which made me smile too. 

"Hey," he said as he closed the door. "Everything okay?" He asked as he went and sat down at the island. I noticed he had a pair of dark grey XPLR sweatpants on tonight compared to his plain one's last night. I nodded and crossed my arms over my chest, pulling my XPLR hoodie close to me. I walked over to Colby, sitting across from him at the island. He smiled as he watched me then looked down at the hand full of cheese sticks in his hand. 

"Cheese stick?" He asked as he held one out for me. I chuckled and grabbed it from him,  "I actually came down here for a snack so, thanks." He nodded and smiled as he took a bite of his. 

I sighed as I unwrapped mine. It was so quiet in the kitchen with Colby and I sitting there. I felt like I had so much I wanted to say to him but I just couldn't. Colby finally broke the silence.

"I wish that would've been you tonight," He said as he leaned against his hand on the table, a small smile on his face. I let my head fall to the side a bit and smiled, "Oh yeah?" I asked knowing exactly what he was talking about.