Chapter 4 - Are You Ready?

Hey Anna!

Thanks for the copies of your licenses! That is all that we needed from you! Attached we have 2 tickets for you and Megan. Your flight will be departing the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport on Wednesday, April 8th at 7:10 AM. You will be flying into LAX at about 9:15 AM PT. From there we will have an uber pick you up outside your terminal (we will email you the details tomorrow) and they will drive you to the hotel we will be staying at. When we're not at the Queen Mary, we will be staying at the Hotel Maya - Address is 700 Queensway Dr, Long Beach, CA 90802 for your reference. Your uber will drop you off there and we will be there to meet you in the lobby. :) 

We are super excited and can't want to summon some ghosts with you guys! 

See you soon,

Sam and Colby 

"They finally emailed me back, M." I yelled from my room where I was packing my suitcase for tomorrow. I heard Megan's footsteps run down the hall. "Finally! I thought we weren't gonna get our plane tickets." Megan said leaning up against my door. I smiled, "Don't worry, we got them," I gave Megan my phone so she could read the email.

I heard her squeal "Oh my god they wrote my name," I looked over at her, she had the biggest smile on her face. "Megan, how are you going to even be around them for 5 days if you freak out over them typing your name in an email?" Megan shrugged, "Honestly I have no idea. Are you almost done packing?" She asked as she came over to sit on my bed. 

"I nodded, "Almost. How about you?" She gave me a stupid smile, "Dude. I was done packing Sunday afternoon." I laughed, "True that was a stupid question." 

It was quiet for a bit until Megan said, "Ann, do you think Colby will like me?" I looked up from my suitcase with a pair of shorts in my hands. "Of course he will," I said with a smile. Megan looked unsure. "I mean do you think he'll think I'm cute?" She asked. 

I looked at Megan. She was beautiful. She had long dark brown hair, a darker complexion, and she always wore a lot of makeup, unlike me. Any boy from LA would drool over her. 

I sat down next to her now. "M, you're gorgeous. He's gonna think you're gorgeous. you don't have to worry about that." Megan smiled a genuine smile now and flipped her hair around, "I am pretty gorgeous arent I?" she said with confidence. I laughed and gave her a nudge, "You're a dork." I said as I continued packing. she got up and skipped to the door "I know," she replied back. "Hey, do you want Chinese for dinner?" 

I nodded, "Sure. I don't feel like cooking tonight. It's already 7:30 PM." Megan agreed, "Sounds good, I'll order it up," she said as she skipped out of my room. 

I finished up packing and set my suitcase in front of my dresser. I looked up and saw myself in the mirror. Megan and I are so different. 

My hair is long and blonde. 

I have freckles on my face that I hate even though everyone else loves them. 

I have my nose pierced to try and distract people from noticing my freckles. 

I never wear any makeup, if anything some eyeliner. I've always been told I don't need makeup, that I'm pretty as I am. Brian says that's one of his favorite things about me is that I don't need makeup to be beautiful. 

I looked down at the pink heart-shaped necklace around my neck. Brian gave it to me on our first anniversary. I never take it off. I held it tight in my hands, I was definitely going to miss him these next couple of days. We are rarely ever apart for more than a day. 

I sighed, trying to get these thoughts out of my head of wishing we weren't going, wishing we hadn't won the contest. Brian and I would be able to spend our anniversary together. 

I know though, that the trip will be good for Megan and me, the last time we went on vacation together was when our parents first met and we took a trip to the Wisconsin Dells. We need this trip. I know it will be fun. 

And who knows, maybe Colby will fall in love with Megan and they will live happily ever after.