Chapter 27 - Saying Goodbye

Colby's POV

I watched as Anna closed the door behind her and then I was all alone in my room.

I missed her already. 

I don't know why I let myself fall so hard for her. Knowing I can't have her. I sighed and made my way back to my bed where I flopped down and grabbed my phone. 

I opened Instagram and just started scrolling. I wasn't even going to try and sleep. I didn't think I could knowing I would be saying goodbye to Anna soon. 

I heard my door start opening slowly then. It startled me and I sat up on my elbows. Was it Anna? Did she forget something? Or was just coming to give me one more goodbye kiss? 

It wasn't Anna though. I watched as Sam peeked his head in, looking around and then his eyes found me. 

What the fuck was he doing up? 

I set my phone down and scooted to the edge of my bed, "Hey man," I said, "What are you doing up?" I asked. 

Sam closed the door behind him and walked over to me slowly with his arms crossed over his chest. I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched him look around my room. He looked back at me now.

"I should be asking you the same thing," He said, "What are you doing up?" 

 I side-eyed him and leaned back on my hands, "Uhh I've just been having a rough night trying to sleep, I've just been scrolling Instagram and stuff."

Sam's eyes narrowed now, "Huh, was Anna just in here?" 

Oh shit. I was hoping he didnt see her leave my room. I shook my head, "Uh no?" I said trying to keep my voice even. I hated lying to him but I know what he would think if he knew she had just been in here. He already warned me not to get involved with her. 

But I already fucked that up. 

I saw Sam's tongue poking out the side of his cheek now as he let out an airy laugh and rolled his eyes, "That's weird, I just talked to her and she said you guys have been up for the last 2 hours looking over footage."

Shit. 

I nodded quickly, "Okay, yeah she was here, and yeah we were just looking over some footage." I said as I threw my hands up in the air. I hated this so much.

Sam looked around the room again, "How come your computer is off and your laptop is closed on the couch then? You always leave that shit open after going over footage." 

He was right. I looked down now and sighed. 

I felt my bed dip down as Sam took a seat next to me. It was quiet for a while until he spoke, "Dude, you know you can tell me the truth about anything. You can talk to me. I have a feeling you guys weren't looking at footage tonight, am I right?" 

I felt myself become warm hearing Sam talk to me. He was calm, but I know deep down he was so disappointed in me. I know I'm better than this. 

I looked over at him and threw my hands up in the air again. "I fucked up dude. Really bad. I just really like her. Like - I've never felt this way about a girl before." I looked down at the ground again not wanting to see Sam's face. 

I felt his hand land on my shoulder though, "I'm sorry Colby. I know you like her. It's pretty obvious to a lot of us. Kat brought it up to me tonight too. But dude," He stopped and huffed. I looked up at him now as he was shaking his head. "She has a boyfriend, brother. Do you know how pissed I would be if I found out Kat slept with another guy? It's just not right man."