Chapter 48 - Pain

My alarm sounded 10 times louder when it went off the next morning. Maybe because I had the worst head ache and couldn't sleep all night.

I shut my alarm off and just stared at the ceiling. Colby was the only thing I was thinking about all night and all that was on my mind now.

Part of me didn't even want to talk to him today. I had this bad feeling in my gut that he was going to tell me something I didn't want to hear.

I rolled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom.

Once I was alone, I opened my phone to see a few Snapchat notifications from Colby.

I heisted before opening them.

I saw you were typing but I must've missed your message? Sorry 😞

He sent that message at about 3:00 AM my time.

I exited out of his message without replying and went and opened the snap he sent me.

He literally just sent me that snap, he was just going to sleep now? I knew he usually stayed up late but I didn't realize he'd be up that late after the live stream

It was almost 9:00 AM my time and I was running a little late for work.

I sighed as I excited out of his snap and started getting ready. I didn't feel like messaging him back honestly.

I just felt so numb to everything. Even if there was nothing going on between Colby and Stas, maybe choosing him wasn't the right decision anyways.

He's made me so happy, but now I just feel sad when I think about him. What if he's not the person I thought he was?

I wish I wouldn't have boughten that $12 XPLR beanie. That's what made me win the trip in the first place. If I wouldn't have won, I wouldn't be in this situation right now.

-

Work was going by so slow, I just wanted the day to be over so I could go home and curl up on the couch and watch Family Feud the rest of the night.

I felt my phone buzz then, I picked it up and it was a snap from Colby.

My stomach turned when I saw his name. I remembered then that I never replied to him.

I stared at my phone for a long time until I finally decided to open his snap.