Chapter 46 - Back to Normal?

I laid in bed alone that night, Brian was out in the living room watching tv.

Dinner with him was quiet. There was tension between us, I still couldn't tell if he believed me or not. I hoped things would go back to normal soon.

I laid scrolling on my phone and then I got a Snapchat notification from Colby.

I glanced at the time, he landed about an hour ago and I hadn't heard from him yet.

I clicked the notification and opened his snap.

I stared at his snap for a long time

I stared at his snap for a long time. I was just with him only a few hours ago, and now we were half way across the country from each other again.

The all familiar ache in my heart was starting up again. You really don't realize how much you miss someone until they're gone.

I smiled to myself as I hit reply and held my phone above me. My hair was down and laid across my pillow. I turned the flash on since I had the lights off in my room and mailed lightly as I snapped a picture.

I miss you too 🖤

I wrote and then sent the snap off. I remembered something then and opened my chat with him.

Hey you forgot to send me those pictures of us at Fountain Square 🙂

I hit send and watched as his little character popped up in our chat. I smiled as he started typing.

You're so beautiful Anna 🖤
And oh yeah one sec

I waited but I didn't have to wait too long as I got a text notification from Colby.

I opened it and he had 5 pictures attached.

I scrolled through them and I couldn't stop smiling. We both looked so happy together. And so cute together honestly.

Our smiles were so big in the pictures. Then I got to the kissing ones. I hadn't seen this one when Colby was scrolling through them before but the lady who took our pictures took one of us before we kissed.

The way we were looking at each other, you could just tell we loved each other. I loved that picture so much.

I finished looking through them all then saved them to my camera roll.

I sighed and set my phone on my chest as I closed my eyes. I didn't realize how tired I was and soon, I was out.

-

The next few days were hell for me. So much on my mind. Things between Brian and I were back to normal by Monday. We didn't talk about my Cincinnati trip again and I think that was for the best.