💙 My Demon King

A short sequel to '💙My Demon' to see how our boys are getting along together

"Now it's very important that you focus on where you want your portal to open, you need to imagine the temperature, the sounds around you, even how the the wind feels."

"So what if we don't know all that about the place we want to go?"

"Only very accomplished wizards can create teleportation portals between places they've never been before."

"What If we see it in a movie?"

"That may well mess up the spell because movies are extremely distorted lenses of reality. Are there any other questions?"

Dec looked up from the text book he'd been buried in and shook his head along with the rest of the class. Beside him, Anthony lazily watched his wizard being a good teachers pet whilst absently lighting little controlled flames on his finger tips as though playing with a cigarette lighter.

"Great well then. Declan, why don't you and your demon go first? Give us an example of how it's done."

Dec's eyes widened, he never got chosen first to do things because he used to have to borrow the teachers demon which obviously made spells a lot harder. He looked at Ant who couldn't have looked more disinterested if he tried and the younger lad nodded enthusiastically. "Come on Anth, our turn."

"Urgh." The Demon King stood up from the small classroom seats with an annoyed grunt and twisted to stretch out his back. He looked out of place surrounded by scrubby school students, dressed in his perfectly tailored all black suit and a tungsten ring on almost every finger.

"Is this not a useless trick if I have the ability to teleport myself?"

Declan ignored him, very used to the grown man's complaining and started making silk circles in the air with his wand as he formed the portal with ease.

Something in Philips mind clicked however, "So that's how you escaped the ash barrier when you arrived... you just..."

"Teleported myself outside of it." Anthony hummed, folding his arms infront of him and studying the frosty scene appearing through the portal with distain.

"Amazing." Philip commented in wonder and Dec stomped his foot in a childish tantrum. "Sorry Declan. Yes, very well made, now please instruct your demon to step through."

Being stubborn as he was, Ant stepped past Declan through the portal before his wizard could instruct him to do anything and Dec rolled his eyes. He loved his demon king, more than anything and he would never wish for another demon but the fully-grown, black haired man was a petulant child most of the time and they were always battling for power.

The way Declan was raised was that Wizards had complete control over their demons, Anthony however was far too independent to have any kind of master. Especially not a human warlock. The demon king even had his little wizard wondering who was truly controlling who and it worried him sometimes.

"Okay class as you can see Declan's Demon is safely on the other side of the portal, no arms, legs, wings or tails left behind. Dec you can now close the portal for us? Nice and gently."

Nodding, the young wizard focused on his spell and held his wand high, pointed at the top of the colourful split in their classroom. Until he caught a flash of fire in his demons eyes and stopped his incantation, dropping his wand to the side with an irritated growl, knowing exactly what was about to happen.

Predictably, the Demon started levitating inches off the snowy ground and dramatically, his iris's rolled to the back of his head, leaving just the whites of his eyes. Suddenly, Dec felt like he was running a marathon with one leg, or trying to do a pull up with one arm. Without his demons power the spell was painful.