💛 Pet Shop Pt 2

This chapter is a novel in itself it's so long.... but anyway this is for StrawberryBoi who encouraged me to write a sequel for Pet Shop so here it is. I must admit I failed to stick to part 1s original style so sorta slipped back into my classic way of writing ❤️ hope it's okay, please enjoy 🥰

Three months ago Ant had never slept through the night. He used to dread going to sleep - dread the nightmares and was very rarely woken by something as beautiful as the sun rise. That had all changed though and it had changed purely because of the smaller man currently cuddled comfortably in the veterans arms.

The sun blinked over the sea horizon and filtered through the window, Ant smiled sweetly at the little body in his arms who whimpered in a sleepy protest against the light and tucked his face into the safety of his boyfriends shoulder.

Ant took a deep breath of the sea air that drifted through his coastal home and tightened his arms around the smaller man as he exhaled deeply, feeling more relaxed then he had in years. The moment was purely perfect and utterly sublime.

Reluctantly, with the army routine still engrained in his being, Anthony slid out of bed. But not  before placing a loving kiss on Declan's head, his slightly chapped lips warming from the contact of flawless soft skin. With extra care, Anthony let the smaller Geordie fall back comfortably into the white sheets. Ant let out a slight groan as he spun to sit on the edge of the bed and with practiced ease pulled on the plastic and metal prosthetic in the place of his missing limb.

He winced as his hands rawly tightened the straps and continued to cautiously stand until he was comfortable.

Ant stood over Declan for a moment, he looked like a scene from a movie, like the something the troops would talk about to pass the time before they went on a mission. He had sprawled out his limbs liberally, becoming tangled in the sheets leaving the milky skin of his torso exposed along with his flat, hairless chest reflecting the morning sun.

Ant's eyes wandered slowly up his flawless body, taking in every curve and blemish, committing it to memory to replace the many dark images that he could never forget. The veteran focused on slow, steady breaths that left Dec's pink luscious lips, so dissimilar to the rugged breaths he used to hear from the patients in recovery centres every night. Their panting as they relived their worst nightmares over and over again. That's one of the ways Dec saved Ant, he was so pure, untouched and unspoiled by the darkest ridges of this earth, it made him believe there was good in the world.... something worth fighting for.

A small smile tugged at his lips, an occurrence that had become daily since he met Declan.  At first it had been a strange sensation, happiness, it was just a foreign feeling he'd get in his chest but now, he couldn't imagine a day without it... he'd go back to being broken without it.

The dark haired man stuffed a hand in his pyjama shorts pocket and used the other to take his cane to support him out onto the balcony that looked out upon the calm deep blue. The water was gorgeous in the summer morning, it had a pool of liquid gold running through the middle as the sun rose up over the horizon. He kinda wished Declan was out here to witness it, however, his boyfriend was not much of an early morning person so he let him enjoy his slumber.

He still hadn't gotten used to that, Boyfriend, before it had seemed such an alien concept; something unattainable to him. Ant couldn't imagine anyone loving him or even being able to stand him without flinching at his scars or running as soon as they understood the extent of his PTSD.

Dec never flinched. Dec never ran. Dec loved every part of him, even though he was only half a man, he loved and worshipped every scar, every wound. Dec didn't want Ant to see them as reminders of the horrors of his past but as the proof of his bravery. Something to be proud of.