💚 Something Better [M] (Age Gap)

I have written a couple of different age gap fic's and I came back to this one the other day. Never thought I was going to post it because I'm not 100% happy with it but it's finished so I thought why not, someone out there will enjoy it 🤷‍♀️

Thankyou to beer_la  for the suggestion of Doctor for this age gap fic and also everyone else who gave me ideas ❤️

[M] Light mature scenes towards the end, a small warning will be present.

Ant 🔝🥵

Declan squirmed as the man sat next to him on the over crowded bus, who stank of cigarettes, once again opened his legs and coughed manically - not even caring in the slightest as he continued to crush the young teen into the dirty, gum framed window.

With as much strength as he could muster, Dec tried to push back and win the battle for more space but predictably, it was futile. The geordie lad was small for his age of 15 with hardly any muscle. It didnt make his life easy at all and he longed to grow till he was 6ft and be an adult who didn't let people walk all over him.

Adjusting his Walkman, Declan reached his hand out to buzz the red button to stop the bus. Pushing through the crowd was always like trying to move brainless bricks but Dec had already made that trip over a thousand time's so he knew to duck low beneath their elbows and bursted out onto the street before the doors closed on him.

Dec took a good look up at the large specialist care home and smiled sadly, adjusting his rucksack on his back and slowly waddling into the reception.

"Hello Declan!" Bella smiled from behind her desk while the young boy grinned back at her.

"Morning Bee, how is everyone?"

"Same old same old." The young Itailian woman smiled lightly, handing the regular visitor his pass and a sweet from the bowl.

"How's Grandad do you know?"

"He's definitely better than last week, the new doctor has got him on new medication and he seems a lot more relaxed."

"New doctor? What happened to John?" Declan pouted, tucking his head through the green lanyard and rubbing his nose innocently.

"He's gone to look after some family in the south. Don't worry though I think you'll like the new guy, I'll send him over so you can meet him."

"Thanks Bee, I'll see you when I'm done."

"See you Declan, Good luck." Bella chirped, waiving goodbye as the young lad started making his way to his granddad's room.

Shyly, the Geordie teen started shuffling around in his rucksack, trying to find the poem he wrote last night.

Before entering, Declan preformed his usual ritual; he took a deep breath, calmed the emotions swirling through his chest and painted a smile on his face.

Two years ago Declan's Grandad, Edward was diagnosed with dementia and then after a couple of months in care, fast progressing arthritis. That's why he needed specialist care that only a facility a massive 45minute drive and an hour bus journey could provide. Declan saved up the money he got from working as a child actor to afford trips to see his grandad every weekend, even if his beloved relative rarely remembered his face.