🐺 Wolf - Part 4 - Heat [M]

⚠️This is rated Mature [M], so bxb smut scenes lay ahead. There are two so I've put small warnings at the beginning and end of each one if you fancy reading without them but it is sorta all for the smut ❤️

"If you don't want to send out a search party then what about a message to near by packs? Get them on the look out for this wolf."

"Something like that gets you no where. I'd look but I don't have the wolves for it, those who are trained need to protect the nursery Declan seems determined to build."

"If you need to wait until your pack is stable than perhaps the message is worth a try then? You seem to be running out of options."

I sighed and took a sip of my beer, my gaze averting from Slade to wander around the new surroundings. Milo and Karis had come up with a genius idea to get myself and Slade on 'good terms'.

I was not keen. But then Milo gave me his biggest puppy eyes and then Dec did the same. So that's how I ended up sat around the rival packs camp, a beer in my hand while I discussed random pack business with the older alpha, getting his opinion on my so far unsuccessful search for Dec's MIA brother,Martin.

"How is your mate anyway?"

"Aye he's wonderful... bit of a handful recently." I shrugged and Slade gave me a curious look.

"Do males go into heat?"

"Apparently so. Dec's not hit it properly yet but it's coming."

"Guess your unmated wolves are restless then. Your mate's wolf is beautiful." I nodded in pride, thinking about Declan's gorgeous colourful coat and chuckled.

"Yeah we've had to barrier off the pack house and he's not allowed out of our room without me there."

Slade huffed in amusement, "Yeah I had to do the same to Lana, she was not happy about it."

"Neither is Declan."

We shared an understanding look, I did have a lot of sympathy for Slade, when you got to know him you realised that his cold nature comes from an unfortunate past. I couldn't imagine losing Declan, I don't think I'd survive it. It was rare that mates ever did survive loosing the other.

A comfortable silence fell over us as we remembered different times. Me? I was just remembering that morning....

Dec had been acting strange for the past couple of days. I didn't mind, but it meant he was very clingy and I had to keep postponing my work until I could find a free moment.

Natural light rarely filtered through the tunnels of the caves but at sunrise, the low sun meant a few precious rays curved their way into our isolated little room. Dec was sleeping soundly, cuddled within my arms. I let my nose dip behind the shell of his ear, his scent was slowly becoming intoxicating as we neared his mating season and even then I could barely contain my wolf.

He was perfect, tucked away safely in my arms, snoozing softly with his top lip fluttering ever so slightly with every exhale. He was getting a little hot to touch and only seemed to cool down when I held him, so I wrapped my leg around his body tighter, so we had as much skin contact as possible as a way of trying to keep his heat at bay for now.

Outside, there was howling of some of the younger pups, barely past 2 years of age, waking up their parents for feeding. Issue was it always woke up the entire pack when more than one puppy got going so that had become the signal for breakfast.

Declan's nose twitched adorably against my bicep, he yawned sweetly, his eyes scrunching up in disapproval at being woken up.

To soothe what tended to be a difficult task for him, I kissed the smaller man along his pale column of neck, sucking gently on the juncture where his collarbone met his throat, eliciting a delicious moan from his lips as I deliberately triggered his mate mark.