🧡 Mr Nice-eyes Pt 3

Sorry this took so long, I've been celebrating my birthday 🍺

Ant's POV

I shifted in agitation in my seat. Hes been almost 15mins now, should I go in? We don't know each other that well... I mean he didn't seem like he wanted me coming in, but he was also scared... I could always go in, just see if he was okay...

Making up my mind, I climbed from the car and locked it before making my way to the club. It looked kinda cheap from the outside but as I stepped through the black painted door and came face to face with a very tall beefy bouncer, it appeared to be very exclusive.

"Who are you?" He asked gruffly, puffing up his chest, I swallowed thickly and tried to look past into the club to see Dec but the giant of a man moved to block my view.

"Uh... I'm a friend of Dec's... he works here?"

The man's face didn't relax, in fact it hardened, "He's not dancing today. What do you want with 'em anyway?"

"Uhh... nothing... I-I Just wanted to check if he was okay..." A thought that he might have left already and ditched me worked it's way into my mind. "Uh... he is in here right?"

"Aye, 'e came in about 10 minutes ago..." he looked me up and down and he shrugged, "youse seem like a decent bloke, go through." He nodded his head and stepped aside.

"Thankyou," I said gratefully but he just grumbled about how he likes Dec and it's not for me.

I stepped into the dark atmosphere of the nightclub, I felt a shiver run up my spin, Dec worked here? My eyes wondered to a few Male dancers on the poles infront of the hungry eyes of men and women until the puzzle was finally complete, Dec wasn't just a waiter at the club.... he was a stripper.

I got used to the idea for a moment, I didn't judge him, all I wondered was what had happened to make such a kind soul choose that path.

My eyes wondered around the room, slowly adjusting to the dim lighting and smoky air. I looked around for a door or something that looked like a staff area, there were a few beaded curtains but I had no way of telling which one Dec would have been in. There was a guy cleaning glasses at the bar, looking pretty miserable but I decided to approach him.

"Hey... uh... I'm looking for Dec- um... Declan." His bright blue eyes met mine curiously.

"Join the queue buddy, boss is next." I frowned and furrowed my brow in confusion.

"What's that supposed to mean?" The man's face turned from lazy to panicked.

"Wait, Uh... shit... you're not here for that? Fuck...."

"That? I don't know what 'that' is but I'm here to see if Dec's okay, so tell me where he is." I said sternly, the bartender nodded and pointed towards a curtain to my right.

"Thanks." I started getting worried, why was everyone assuming I wanted something from him? And what did he mean by 'the boss is next'?

When I stepped through into a small corridor, I came face to face with a smartly dressed, older looking man. He was waiting outside a black door. I was guessing Dec was inside and the nervousness I felt in the car hit me once more, nothing about his seemed right and my protective instincts kicked in instantly. The man looked at me defensively.