39. A Peculiar Memory

A/N Happy National Ranboo day, new book? Yeah should be updated soon, ya never know lmao <3

Sorry this chapter took a while to get out /gen for the reason that we all know why. I'll still be writing, but sometimes it'll be hard for me to start. I apologize <3

YOOOO 300K I'M GETTING THAT CLOUT, I'M GETTING ALLLLL OF THAT CLOUT, THANK YOU <3

TW: Mentions of the foster care system, shitty foster parents, swearing as per usual, stampedes, v3rbal abus3 from the shitty foster parents, mentions of phys1cal abus3 from shitty foster care people. also bad thoughts to self, simply be careful while reading as you do please. this entire chapter is basically just sobbing and whatnot, LORE CHAPTER

stay safe petals >:D

Your POV -.- & Flashback

You crouched down, hiding in the cupboard underneath the stairs.

It was ironic, how the cupboard was only able to fit you and you only, nobody else in this foster family being able to fit here, no one being able to find you here.

Here you were finally safe. From the yelling, screaming, and the disappointed looks.

You didn't mean to break the glass. You were thirsty, because they hadn't given you water since yesterday.

You were just thirsty...And you still were.

The churning in your stomach was unignorable, constantly making you want to throw up.

Eating wasn't an option, as the cupboard only had stored away toys and tools, with nothing to eat and nothing to drink.

Hungry, thirsty, and tired, you sat in that cupboard, trying to drown out the screaming with your own thoughts.

With the hope that you'd get out of this house.

Even now, you knew that you weren't going to find a family soon. Even now, you knew that it was going to be a constant change of houses, surviving only on what you could.

Even now, you clung onto those memories of your brother, his fluffy hair that he always allowed you to play with, the way that the two of you would play.

Those memories were even starting to fade though. You didn't want them to let them go, but for some reason it got harder and harder to remember his face. His kind eyes. Everything that you cared about, was all slowly slipping away from you.

It scared you.

Tears pricked in your eyes, and you heard something crash.

You flinched.

There was more yelling.

More yelling from the new people who were apparently your parents, who had seemed so nice at first, were disappointed in you. How they hated you. How they thought you were a grubby, selfish, child.

Too excited. Too happy.

Constantly too much of this, too little of this.

It had only been one night.

A singular night.

They had gotten you yesterday.

It was the morning now.

You knew you weren't going to survive here. You could tell already, that you weren't going to live here. The nice lady who chose these people for you would have to choose others, once she found you again.

And as you sat there, grabbing at the memories that you had, trying your hardest to drown out the screaming and yelling, the sounds of crashing, you cried.