2

The next day

~

In the morning, I wake up and instantly, I remember me and Jacob's conversation and I frown, also remembering that I have to leave today. I get up to shower and brush my hair, styling it in curls, and I put on a comfortable outfit.

I go around the room, making sure I have all my necessities, and in the middle of that I hear a soft knock on the door.

"Come in Jacob."

He opens the door and I look to him to see a frown on his face.

"What're you doing?" he asks.

"Making sure I have everything I need before I... leave." I say, my heart sinking.

"You'll call? If anything happens? Update me?"

"It'll be almost like I never left." I say with a small smile, trying my hardest to lighten the mood.

"Almost." he says, lowering his head.

Several hours later, at around 2 in the afternoon, me and Jacob are joking around, laughing as we eat.

"Even after all that time, I'm still better than you."

"You're lying." I say with a smile.

Then, of course, there's a knock at the door. I look to Jacob as my eyebrows knit together, knowing it's time. I grab my bags from the living room and I walk to the door. I sit my bags down and I hug Jacob, like it actually might be the last time I ever see him.

"I'll miss you, Dani."

"I'll miss you." I say back, not wanting to let go.

"I love you." he says as we separate, and I give him a small smile, kissing his cheek before I open the door, leaving him alone.

I get in the car and we head to Karter's house. Ugh. Just thinking of spending nine months with him completely disgusts me.

Several minutes later we arrive at his home, and I get out with my bags, rolling my eyes.

"Jesus, does anybody here know how to treat a woman?" I say frustratingly. Then the man I saw yesterday who Karter called Carson appears at the door.

"Hey." he says. "I didn't get a chance to introduce myself yesterday-"

"Because you were too busy trying to seduce me?"

"Sorry, uh.." he says, almost nervously. "Beautiful women don't usually just pop up on my doorstep." he says charmingly.

I give him a small smile, but that quickly fades.

"Carson, I can see your damn... Stop flirting and get all that shit inside the house." Karter says rudely.

"Jesus-fucking-christ." I say under my breath.

"Daniella." he says.

"Oh. You don't wanna be an asshole today. That's nice." I say sarcastically rolling my eyes.