41

Driving back to the house, Daniella's hand is entangled with mine, never letting go. The feeling of her ring pressing against my fingers makes my heart flutter.

"I love you." I say, kissing her knuckles.

"I love you. God, I am... reeling right now. My body still has an adrenaline rush, like my insides can't calm down."

"Well I'm glad I could make you happy."

"You always make me happy, baby." she says kissing my fingertips.

"Speaking of.. why were you nervous?"

"Doesn't every man have a mini heart attack when he's on his knee for the woman he loves, asking her to be his for a lifetime?" I say, like I was stating the obvious.

"You sure it wasn't anything more?"

"No..." I lie. There's silence in the car until she breaks it with a-

"Come on Karter, I can hear you thinking." she says. "You know you can't hide anything from me. What was wrong?"

"Okay fine. Although I was actually nervous about the whole situation, I was scared too." I admit.

"What?"

"I thought that if I did propose, you'd say no. I thought of every possible reason why you would, but you didn't."

"Of course I didn't. Yes you're in a mafia, yes your hands aren't the cleanest, we have rivals, we've argued in the past and probably will in the future. That's what happens Karter. Some people may say it doesn't happen when you're in love, but that's bullshit. Look how far we've come Karter. Look at all we've been through. Together. We did it all together. Every bad thing that came against us, we stopped it. I'm not going to say we won't ever argue or fuss and curse each other out because if I did, I'd be lying. I won't say we won't be in danger because living this life, there's always danger. But we'll get through it. We've done it thousands of times before."

"Carson tried to make me see this. It isn't like I'm blind to it, but I was too busy thinking you'd turn me down instead of thinking about the things you've done for me. You left a simple, care free, safe life to come to live with me and you barely knew me at the time. You still wanted to have my baby regardless of that. You risked your life staying with me even after I told you my secrets. I told you I was a murderer and you still stayed. That's why I need you. Because what Carson tried to make me see is that no one else would have done it."

"And I'd do it again in a heartbeat if it meant being with you." she says, looking me in my eyes. "So why does sex feel so much better when you're freshly engaged?" she says with a playful smile on her face.

"That gorgeous pussy gets better every time I touch it."

"Mm, and this massive dick of yours feels better with every rough fuck." she says, biting her lip as she grips it through my pants, knowing I stay hard for her.

"Fuck. Daniella, don't fuck with me." I say frustratingly.

"I won't." she says, loosening my belt and unbuttoning my pants, pulling the zipper and gripping it in her hand between us as I try to focus on the road ahead of us.

"You're trying to kill me. Literally." I grunt out as she strokes my hard dick. She licks a slow trail up the shaft of my dick, swirling her tongue around the tip when she reaches it.