25

Karter Cruise

~

Daniella whimpers in the passenger seat as another contraction hits. I hate to see her in so much pain. I check on her, making sure she's at least a bit comfortable even though she's literally screaming in my ear and cursing at me to go faster.

"I know baby. I'm already breaking the law going as fast as I am, I don't wanna lose control."

"Fuck, he's coming! Shit, get me out of here!" she screams.

I slow down behind a line of cars, cursing at the holdup.

"Damn it!". I grab a towel from the back of the car that I put there before we left in case her water breaks in the car. I sit it on my lap as we get moving again.

"Are we almost there?" she says weakly, panting.

"Yes, baby, hold on. We're almost there, precious. Hold on for me." I say, kissing her hand, squeezing it in mine. "Can you try and put this under you?" I ask her, handing her the towel.

"Mm." she hums in response, folding the towel into a thick layer under her.

We continue on to the house and maybe three minutes later, we arrive. My left arm is fucked, so I grab everything and put it on my right side and get Daniella out of the car too. Luckily her contractions waited til we got into our room, and she keeled over forward, moaning and rocking back and forth gripping the bed in front of her. Isabella's already in the bathroom getting things ready.

"Mr Cruise, let me help you with that."

"I'm fine. You should get things prepared for Daniella and my son."

"Everything's ready. I just need her here." she says pointing to Daniella, then the tub. "The warm water will soothe her contractions until the baby is born."

"Okay.". I walk to Daniella and she grabs my hand, squeezing it with superhuman-like strength as she moans. I grunt as she squeezes. "Baby, will you let me get you to the tub?"

"I can't fucking move, Karter."

"I understand, but I gotta get you over there in the warm water to soothe the pain."

She moans and curses as her contractions get worse. "I'm sorry." she says sniffling. "I'm just in so much pain right now."

"I know baby, I know."

She stands upright and takes her robe off. Just then, fluid starts to run down her leg.

"My water broke."

"Shit." I say.

"Perfect timing, buddy." Isabella says. I lead her to the bathtub and I help her get in and help her sit down. I kiss her forehead, my mouth resting there as I rub her temple with my thumb.

"I love you." I say softly to her, kissing her forehead once more.

"I love you." she says back, moving her head up to reach my chin, kissing the bottom of it.

"You're so strong. I'd never be able to do it. You're fucking amazing."

"Stop it Karter. Thank you. I needed that."