26

Daniella Carlisle

~

Isabella left after making sure everything was okay and did some more things with the baby's legal information like signing his birth certificate and things of that sort. She made sure the baby was adjusting properly and packed up and left and I was absolutely exhausted. Kaiser did amazing latching on to breastfeed, and it feels funny but everything he does is so fascinating. I've been curiously watching everything he does, and after he was done eating, Karter gave him a small wash off before putting him in his first onesie that fit perfectly.

Isabella told us that there wasn't really a waiting period to have sex, but to prevent any complications after birth, she suggested we wait at least six weeks to get active again. She also suggested that I lie on my back when sleeping and it was super uncomfortable, but I slept really good because I was worn out.

Kai woke up every three hours so I had to get up during the night to breastfeed, which I'm not used to. Karter woke up with me, making sure the baby and me were okay and stayed up with me until the baby went down and I was comfortable. He slept in his bassinet, but wouldn't go to sleep unless he felt my skin against his. I love everything about him already.

The the next time I wake up, I yawn and look over to Kai's bassinet and I don't see him. I shoot up and look over to Karter, and he's asleep with him. That is so cute.

I lean over and I smile at the sight. I take my finger and rub down his tiny head and soft hair. It's so silky and full. I turn back over and I sigh, lying back on my pillows. I have a baby. My very first baby. And it's with him. The man I thought i'd never fall in love with.

He looks just like his dad, and his eyes are stunning. I've never seen anything like them. He's got a part of me and a part of Karter, and I just know he'll be the best thing that's ever happened to me, after his father.

I feel someone watching me as my thoughts circle in my head. I look over to see Karter, looking at me with a smile.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"God, I certainly don't feel it. I still feel like I could sleep the entire day, and this stomach isn't disappearing."

"Are you kidding, you look gorgeous. And hey, it's gonna take more than just a few hours for it to disappear. It won't happen overnight."

"Thanks, but I feel gross." I say, kissing him slowly. "When did he wake up?" I say, looking at Kai with a smile.

"Kaiser woke up earlier this morning, and I knew you were exhausted from birthing him, so I held him til he went back to sleep which only took a few seconds."

"Thank you."

"Hey, that's what he's got two parents for. He should be waking up soon though, 'cause I think he's hungry. He also probably feels uncomfortable with a wet diaper."

I smile at him more, and a few minutes later, Kaiser starts to cry. Karter hands him to me and goes to the bathroom while I change his diaper. After that, I unclip my bra while he squirms in my lap and Karter comes back just as I start to feed him. I ordered a feeding pillow that I can sit his little body on while he eats so I don't have to hold but his head really, when he's eating.

Karter comes and lies across the bed, watching the two of us. I scroll on my phone, watching him every now and then making sure he doesn't choke. After a minute, I take him off to burp him, and after that, he gets back to eating.