34

Walking in, they greet us as the door.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Cruise. It's an honor to serve you." a woman says respectfully.

"Thank you." I say.

"I'll pull up your reservation now.". She taps on a screen and smiles saying, "Follow me."

We walk through a beautiful room, lights hanging from the ceiling, and tables dressed in black.

"This is beautiful, Karter."

"We won't be sitting here. I booked us for VIP seating."

"VIP? Babe, you didn't have to do that."

"What's the point of having money and a fine ass woman if I'm not giving her the best money can buy?"

I kiss him, and he returns it in a smile. We turn the corner and walk through a door, and the woman stops at the velvet rope, showing the guards the tablet in her hand, and they let us through.

The room is dimly lit, but bright enough to see everything there, and there's beautiful light fixtures hanging from the ceiling with velvet curtains pulled back neatly around the room.

"It's beautiful in here."

"I'm happy you love it."

"Can I start you two off with drinks today?"

"The best champagne you have, please."

"Bourbon, if you have it."

"We don't but I can get it specially for you, sir."

He nods her off and she scurries away.

"So that kind of power comes with being the head of a mafia, huh?"

"Really, the head of them all."

"Wow. So... what's this little date for?"

"Some things don't need an explanation, love. But, I figured I'd start taking you on dates, seeing as your mother is so courteous about keeping Kaiser for us. I thought that because the whole time I've known you, you've been pregnant, we've never really gotten the chance, so..."

"Aw, babe.." I say leaning in, smiling as he kisses me across the table.

Just as he lets my lip go from the grasp of his teeth, the polite woman comes back and sits a bottle of champagne and bourbon down in a case of ice.

"The finest we have." she says with a smile. She pulls out glasses based on our drinks and pours the champagne into the tube glassware, then pours Karter's bourbon into his cup. "Now, can I get you guys started off with anything?"

"How about... surprise us." Karter says with a smirk.

"Alright. Is there anything specific you guys would like to try?"

"I'd like any platter with steak, well done, or shrimp with anything." I say.

"Alright. And just in case you two don't like some of the things we bring to you, it's on the house."

"Thank you." Karter says in a deep, serious manner.

"We'll get your food out as quickly as possible."

Again, Karter nods her off and turns his focus back on me. His eyes have turned a deep green as he stares me down with his hands held together in front of him. His eyes move down my body, then back up, stopping at my breasts, pushed up in the dress. He looks up with a smirk as I try and cover my face.

"Look at me."

"Karter-"

"I've got you blushing, don't I?"