35

Karter Cruise

That very next morning, I wake up against Daniella's chest with one arm under my head, her hand wrapping around the back of it into my hair and the other behind me. I grunt, letting out a big sigh from my nose, stretching my body out.

"Good morning, Karter."

"Mmm, it is one. How do you feel?"

"Good. Amazing."

"Good." I say rising from the covers, kissing her gently. "What do you wanna do today?"

"Stay in. Spend some quality time with Kai and my mom."

"Sounds like a plan, darling." I say, pecking her lips.

Downstairs, Daniella navigates the kitchen, looking for cereal to eat. She finds some Honey Nut Cheerios and reaches for the container it's held in. She grunts, then huffs, folding her arms, then tries again.

I walk up behind her and I reach up effortlessly, grabbing the container and sitting it on the counter.

"You and your man height."

"Hm." I say, smirking.

"I missed Kai. I know we were only gone for a few hours but I missed him so much."

"Yeah. He's almost three months old."

"My baby." she says with a smile.

She pours her cereal, then her milk over it, and she walks into the living room with her mother, who's drinking coffee, and the baby.

I stay behind in the kitchen to make a fresh cup of coffee, putting sugar & creamer inside, stirring it while walking into the living room, sitting beside Daniella sipping on my mug.

"Mom. I hope he wasn't much trouble, I'm sorry I stayed out too-"

"You're an adult honey, you don't have to apologize. Plus, he was an angel as always."

"Have you enjoyed your stay here so far, Lindsey?"

"It's been very pleasant Karter, thank you. You know, I really like you. I'm so relieved & proud that you came into her life instead of some other man. You take care of her."

"Mom.."

"Seriously. You have such a good heart and I can tell that you love her very much."

"I do, Ms. Carlisle. So much."

"Never lose that love. No matter how hard things get, always keep that love for each other. Never give a reason not to trust each other."

She smiles warmly at us and excuses herself, walking away. I sigh, sitting back on the couch with Daniella beside me.

"Babe, are you hungry?"

"Mm.." I hum, kissing her temple. "...I'm fine, love. How's he doing?"

"He must have been starving, he's sucking the life out of my boob." she says smiling down at him, then putting a spoon full of cereal in her mouth. "Mm.. you need to eat something, honey."