23

We walk downstairs to the kitchen and I kiss Karter before walking into the living room to watch TV. Carson comes to sit beside me, looking at me with a smile.

"What did you do?" I say with a knowing tone.

"I heard a little commotion."

"Why is this always what you talk to me about? Let's talk about you and Valarie. Don't think you two are sneaky."

"What can I say? Us Cruise's are big in everything, not just business."

"Oh, not just her..." I say, almost bursting out laughing. His cheeks turn red.

"Damn Carson." Karter says.

"Piss off." he says, walking away in embarrassment.

"What're you about to do babe?" I ask Karter.

"Make something for you and my son to eat."

"Mmm. Can I have blueberry cream cheese bagels?"

"That's it?"

"Mhm!"

"Whatever you want.". He makes my bagels with extra cream cheese like I like, and he gives them to me with a strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, and banana smoothie, and after ten minutes, I'm sitting my plate in the sink.

I walk up to Karter, who's leaned back on the fridge and I kiss him passionately. He kisses me back and after two minutes, we separate.

"It was good." I say.

"What was?" he says with his eyebrows arched and a grin on his face.

"No, that was fucking phenomenal. The food was good."

"You're lucky you're pregnant right now 'cause i've been trying to be careful."

"You call what you did earlier careful?"

"It would've been way worse. You really would be cumming til you black out."

"We'll just have to see about that, won't we?"

"Oh, we won't have to. That's a promise."

Suddenly there's a knock at the door.

"Who is that? Were we expecting anybody?"

"No.". He walks to the door and opens it and there's a literal bomb at the door. "Daniella, back up!"

He picks it up and looks at it. The pin is still intact on it. Then I hear a click. In a swift motion, he throws it as far up and and away from the house as he can. Not even a second later, it explodes and he flies back, hitting the floor hard.

"Karter!". I run to him as quickly as I can, and I kneel down, checking for any injuries. He's groaning but he gets up slowly. "Karter baby, are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Other than almost being blown up and falling on my ass, I'd say it's better than being dead."

"It takes literally two to six seconds for a grenade to detonate. You could have been killed." I say with my arms around his neck.

"I know babe, I'm okay. Although I think I might have a slight concussion."

"Come on." I say, trying to pull him up. He groans as he gets up. "They're coming."

We get upstairs and Karter has an ice pack on the back of his head.

"They know where we live. It isn't safe here. We gotta start packing necessities."

"Where are we gonna go?". He looks as if he's thinking about something.

"My mother... she had this estate she got built if anything like this ever happened. Sometimes it was our vacation home. We haven't been there since she died. It isn't on an island or anything, it's in the city. We can go there."