3

*WARNING⚠️ *
TIME JUMP
(this is just so I can speed things up
and make things interesting for
you guys)

2 months later

~

Living here with Karter has been complete hell. My cravings have started to develop and morning sickness is every fucking hour of the day, and I can't escape headaches because of the literal walking one.

There's never a time where we don't argue, and they never end because both of us want to have the last word, it's absolutely fucking annoying.

Me and Carson though, have been fine. We've been talking and getting closer, but I can't help but feel like Karter really hates it.

But why should he?

He doesn't take the time to talk to me. He knows literally nothing about me and I've actually been living with him for almost 3 months. He can't be protective of me because from what he makes it look like he doesn't give a shit about me, and I can say the same when it comes to him.

I sit in the living room with Carson as I listen to him talk about random things that pop up in our heads. We've been at it for maybe 2 hours, and I can't say I hate it. I've learned to cherish communication since coming here because it's so hard to try and have a conversation with the man who's child I'm going to have. I know what he's lost and he's been through so much since he was a child, but he acts like such an ass when i've done nothing to him.

But I have his brother. I won't try anything, that's just wrong. But he's great company here. I feel so... alone, I guess. He makes me feel a little less isolated than I feel already.

As we're talking, my phone rings. "Shit. Let me take this." I say giggling.

"Go ahead." he says.

I look at my screen and a smile appears as I answer.

"Daniella?"

"Jacob." I say with a smile.

"What the hell, I miss you!" he says happily.

"God, I know. I've been way too busy yelling my head off to call you. I'm sorry. I missed you so much." I say.

"Who're you talking to." a voice says behind me.

"So how have you been?" Jacob asks, concerned.

"Don't make me ask again." Karter says.

"Damn it, Karter." I say under my breath. I sigh and I shake my head. "Jacob I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to call you back."

"What? Danie-". I hang up quickly and I sigh as I put my phone face down on the counter.

"Why the hell are you talking to him?"

"I can't talk to you." I say quietly to where he can only hear.

"You choose not to."

"Because you make me not want to. Ever since I came here you've not once asked me am I okay, or do I need anything. You haven't even asked about the baby."