22

Daniella Carlisle

~

Now, it's been two months since we've heard anything about Baxter, White or Baxter's army. Karter's been on an intense workout routine. He won't eat unless I tell him he needs to. When he's done working out, I force him to at least eat something, then he's in his office, making sure there's nothing he isn't seeing and it's like that for over an hour.

Since the baby could come anytime now, I try and be as active as I can, but I try not to over-do anything. That's the only thing Karter's been worried about in the state he's in. When he's working out, I bounce beside him on a yoga ball, stretch and do yoga like crazy. Isa told us that sex could help the baby come faster, but Karter does this thing where he doesn't wanna have sex for as long as a threat poses itself, because he doesn't wanna be distracted. There still hasn't been a word about anything though.

I do have to say though, he's always away, even when he's home. He spends most of his day working and as much as I appreciate him doing all of the hard work while he lets me rest, I worry about his health. I mean, I just know he's stressed and on top of that, he barely eats. He tells me not to worry, and I really try not to, but it's hard seeing him so absorbed into his work. So much so that he starts to throw himself away.

Carson's been out handling business at Burlesque and the base while Karter stays home and watches over me while working. He manages calls and does his scanning for any problems and solves them as best as he can without having to leave home.

I cook and clean as much as I can and I take breaks when I have to. Carson usually comes home with Valarie now, so I try and have dinner ready for everyone before they get here. When they do, everything's getting turned off and I start preparing plates. Karter comes down from his shower and Carson walks in the door, hand in hand with Valarie.

"Hi, Daniella!" she says brightly.

"Valarie, hey. How are you?"

"Okay. I'm just glad to be here. Sorry we got home late. I've missed Carson all day 'cause he's been handling things in the family business."

"We are very known for being busy." I say, giggling. "Have a seat you two.". Karter comes up behind me and rests his hands on the sides of my stomach and presses his cold body against mine as he lies his head on mine. "You alright babe?"

"Sure. I've been... restless for months."

"I know baby, I know. You know what i've been saying."

"I do but I get this... paranoia whenever I'm not working. I've just been trying to stay on top of everything, and I know even though i've been home all this time, I haven't been present, and I know it's something that I have to work on because it's not healthy for me or this relationship." he says, whispering . He sighs heavily. "I've just been so stressed." he breathes out. "Trying to protect everyone and I'm barely helping myself."

"I've been trying to stress that to you, babe.". He kisses my neck, rubbing my stomach still.

"We don't have long. This'll all be over soon."

"And when it is, it'll just be you, me, and the baby."

"I hope so. I just want us to have a break from all the panic."