Chapter 16: A Terrible Past and Assault

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

(A/N: All the images, fan-designs, opening, ending or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw the Issei and the others successfully enter Level 11, where they notice the tranquility of the level, not to mention the level seemed to be always noon, which was surprising given that the time was 10:30 PM, which meant that it was supposed to be night, they then met up with Sonya Blade who introduced herself and told them about the tour which will be held tomorrow, once inside the Hotel which was much better than the one at Level 5, there they rest and Issei and Ingvild have a moment between them, after that the next day, everyone gets ready to have breakfast, then take a tour of the hotel they were staying at and they finally then leave once they know it is time to meet up with Sonya Blade, with her waiting outside for the group to arrive. Once they introduce themselves Sonya noticed that Ruby's last name was the same as one of her agents name, she then asked that whether she was related to someone named Summer Rose, which surprised Ruby and Jaune, who Sonya called out was Ruby's mother, she then asked how did she know that name, to which Sonya responded that she has been working along with her for years now, 12 years in counting, which surprised Ruby as this is how long she had been dead for. Sonya then took all of them to her base, which was the second largest base in all of M.E.G and the fourth one in command, she then took them for a tour across the base, where she showed that the level has been well mapped, with the exits to different levels being well mapped across, once they enter into an advanced room, they see an old friend Jax along with an older version of Ruby Rose working on a project, she was Summer Rose, the woman who was presumed dead and her fate was pretty unknown, Sonya then called her, where she was introduced to everyone else, and was shocked to see Ruby, her own daughter in a place like this, Ruby then immediately rushed her, and embraced her which summer whole heartedly returned, the others then left the two alone for a moment, which is when Sonya and Jax introduced them to the presents that they were gonna be given, it was a near cybernetic replica of Draigg as well as a Mechanical battle suit, Sonya then asks whether they would accept it, to which Issei agrees to it, despite the pain that may come because of it, he knew that his partner deserved to be free especially after everything he has gone through, while Jaune is asked to accept the battle suit which he also accepts, especially to protect the ones he cares about, they then go to the lodge where they have some snacks till the reunion gets over.

Inside the science room, 12:30 PM

Summer and Ruby then split up after a while, Summer then asks

Summer: H-how have you been Ruby?

Ruby wipes her tears and responds 

Ruby: I have been fine, mom, it's just that things are not going well between me and Yang

Summer was surprised, as far as she knew, both Ruby and Yang were inseparable, Summer then asked with a slight confusion

Summer: What happened between the two of you?

Ruby: W-we had a fight, I took the side of someone she hated and the next thing we know, she no longer saw me as a sister, I saw how controlling she was of my life, back then I thought she was my older sister so she was right......but now, she tried to control what I was doing. Yang was not the same person I know, she has changed when I saw her torment my first friend, I honestly don't know what to do, she tried to bully and force me when I supported him, I honestly know that Yang was not the Yang I grew up with.....