CHAPTER 14

My hair was blowing in the wind as I walked in the sand near the sea shore with my bare feet, warm water splashing on my bare feet giving me a soothing sensation. Beside me was my man, Dylan Scott.

We both walked on the seashore with our hands locked, side by side.

Suddenly Dylan came to halt as I spun around before glancing up at him. A warm heart melting smile was plastered on his face as I smiled back. He closed his eyes and leaned in as I pouted my lips waiting for his kiss with my closed eyes.

The water was roaring at the power of wind as the sun was setting down. Suddenly there was a loud siren sound which was annoying. I shut my ears with my palm as the sound continued...

My eyes shot open at the continuous sound.

What is that annoying loud sound?

I haven't even kept an alarm nor my ringtone sounds like that.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around only to find a buzzing wireless telephone on my nightstand. I checked the time on the wall clock and it was quarter to six in the morning. The sun didn't even rise yet.

Who is calling me this early morning?

I took the telephone from my nightstand which was buzzing, as I was about to press the answer button, the telephone stopped ringing.

I groaned.

Ugh!!! Dylan was about to kiss me and this stupid telephone rang and destroyed the epic part of my dream.

I laid on the and closed my eyes.

Please dream, please come back..

I prayed.

Again suddenly the telephone started ringing as my eyes opened.

I gotta change this telephone's ringtone.

It's so annoying, the ringtone is just like those ambulance siren sound.

I took the telephone and answered it before placing it on my ear.

"Hello!!" My voice was groggily harsh.

"Miss Nolan."

Huh!! The beast.

He can't even let me have a peaceful beautiful dream.

"Yes." I replied.

"The breakfast is ready. Come downstairs." He commanded and with that he disconnected the call.

Seriously.

Who would eat their breakfast this soon??

Probably king would.

But I don't eat my breakfast this soon.

The sun is not even out yet.

I groaned aloud before making my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I sauntered out of the bathroom and stretched my arms.

Ready to face the devil.

I marched out of my room and descended downstairs.

King was sitting on his usual place on the dining area. He was all ready to go to his office, wearing a two piece suit, his light brown hair neatly combed.

I walked towards the table as King assessed me from top to bottom. I took my seat across him and infront of me was a bowl, which was covered with a aluminium foil and on the silver foil was name and price of this food bowl.

It was of twenty five dollars and the name on it was the epic delight.

But the foremost thing was the price, twenty five dollars for what?

"You are supposed to wear some decent clothes in here, Miss Nolan." King's voice snapped me out of my price world.

"Huh?" He gave me a pointed sharp look.

I looked down at my dress, it was a sleep shirt with my sleep shorts which reached my mid thighs.

What is wrong with my clothes?

Think of Dylan.

I forced a smile and nodded.

I removed the cover from the bowl revealing a simple looking porridge.

Porridge??

He paid twenty five dollars for a porridge?

He opened his bowl of hot porridge and silently started eating.

I fiddled with my spoon and with great difficulty, I swallowed the whole bowl of porridge.

As he finished his breakfast, he stood up to leave.
"The lunch will arrive during twelve in noon." With that he left.

..........

I looked at myself in the mirror, I was looking like a hideous beast with my messy hair and some dark circles, circling around my eyes. It's because of the lack of sleep, since two days I keep getting that morning annoying call from king to come downstairs and have breakfast. I don't even know how to change the ringtone of that stupid telephone nor did I get another beautiful dream of Dylan.

Tonight I'm going to sleep early..

Once I wake up in the morning, I don't sleep again until it's night. So that was my problem.

I exited my room and descended downstairs to have a glass of water. While marching towards the kitchen, I saw a tall figure near the fountain, his back facing me. Suddenly he turned around, showing his face and a huge grin formed on my lips with a slight hue of pinky on my cheeks.

"Dylan!!" I squealed in delight before marching towards him.

It's been so long since I last saw him.

Suddenly inner Naomi butted in.

It's only been three days.

Which is equal to seventy two hours which is also by the way equal to a long time.

"Hi Naomi." He flashed me his sweet smile showing his pearly white teeth.
"I was here to take a file and now I'm leaving."

My lips twitched downwards.

"Your leaving?....now?" He nodded with a smile.

"I have some works to finish and king is also waiting for me...you know...the file." He lifted the file up as I nodded.
"Bye!" He smiled.

"Bye" I waved with a sad small smile.

He left and again I was all alone.

_________________