CHAPTER 27

The driver dropped me home as I was too exhausted to even move. As soon as I entered the house, I collapsed on the couch, inside the lounge.

I was a mess already with my hair frizzy and my clothes half wet and I was also kind of stinky. I needed a quick shower but I was too tired to climb upstairs.

Suddenly the bell rang as I groaned.

Gosh!!! Who is it?

I very well know it's neither Dylan nor Harold because they never use the bell. They know the passcode of this house. So it's probably someone unknown.

I sighed and got up before marching towards the door. I threw the door open, revealing a simple looking delivery boy.

"Yes?" I raised my brows.

"Hello ma'am, there's a parcel for Mr Harold Kingston." He had a medium sized box in his hand.

"But he's not here." I reasoned out.

"But I have to deliver this parcel to him today." He also reasoned out.

"You can give this parcel to those security guards." I pointed towards the guards, who were pacing back and forth near the automatic gates.

"But they asked me to give it to you." He said.

Those guards..

I glared at them.

"Ma'am?" The boy called as I fixed my eyes to him.

I took the parcel from him and was about to shut the door but the boy wasn't moving from the door frame.

"Anything else?" I raised a questioning brow.

"Um... Payment ma'am."

My eyes widened.
"He didn't do the payment?!!" I asked incredulously.

"No!! The item payment is done...um.." he paused. "the delivery payment, ma'am."

"Delivery payment.." I sighed in relief.
"How much? Thirty dollars?" I asked.

"No ma'am, it's three thousand dollars." He said as my eyes widened.

My heart stopped.

I just got a mini heart attack..

My me!! Did he just say three thousand dollars for delivery..

"What!! Three thousand dollars for delivery." I asked incredulously.

"Actually it's an exported item, ma'am. It's exported from an asian country.... So the delivery expense is high." He elucidated.

But I only have a two thousand dollars in cash. Maybe I should take money from my savings.

But why the hell should I pay for his item.

"Ma'am?" The boy called.

"Yeah, I'm getting." I said before walking back inside and towards upstairs.

With a clenching heart I took my credit card out before sauntering downstairs towards the boy.

My lips twitched as I gave him my credit card. My heart clenched in extreme agony as he swiped my card on the card machine.

He handed me the bill along with my card.

"Thank you ma'am." He smiled and walked out of the door.

All I wanted to do was bang my head on the hard wall.

Let bygones be bygones.

But I will take my hard worked money back from him.

For god sake it was half of my savings.

I shut the door with a loud bang and sauntered upstairs towards my room with the parcel.

As I reached my room, I examined the box. What  can the item inside the box be??

I scrutinized the box properly.

Maybe some gunpowder....gun items or even worse drugs.

My eyes widened.

Surely it's drugs.

I don't know, how low he's gonna stoop because of his mafia business..

I shook my head in dismay and marched towards the bathroom to take a shower.

...........

My eyes slowly flickered open as I rubbed my eyes to get a clear view.
After taking a shower, I took a nap as I was too exhausted.

I yawned and stretched my arms before getting out of the bed. I sauntered downstairs to eat something.

Suddenly I stopped in my tracks in the mid stairs as I saw Harold in his long sleeved white tshirt and tracks. He was watering the plant pots on the entrance.

Parcel!!

I climbed up the stairs and reached my room. I took the parcel from the study table and quickly scurried out of my room.

He was now inside the lounge, still watering the plants in the pot.

"Harold!!" I called as he turned to me.
"You have a parcel." I stated.

"It came!" He mumbled as a soft smile spread across his lips.

He stretched his hands out as I pulled the box close towards me.

"I paid the delivery expense of this item." I stated.

"So?"

"So!! Give me my money back and take your parcel from me." I shrugged.

"How much?"

I flashed a smile.
"Three thousand dollars."

He tapped his pockets.
"My wallet.." he trailed off.

"Now don't tell me you left your wallet inside your helicopter." I threw my one arm up in air.

He rolled his eyes.
"Give that box, I'll give you your money later." He said as I shook my head in no.

"First money then parcel."

He sighed exhaustedly.
"I don't know where I kept my wallet, so I'll give you the money later." He reasoned out but I shook my head in no.

And his jaws ticked.

"You can pay me through phone... you know." I gave him an idea but he just passed me a bored look.
"Now don't tell me you don't share your phone number with your employees and for your information, I'm no more your employ--" I was cut off by him.

"Will you just keep your mouth shut!!" He scowled before pulling his phone out of his pocket.

Oh so he brought his phone from Mr Armstrong's place..

"Number?" He mumbled as I gave him my number and other bank details.

My phone dinged as I took my phone out. There was a message from bank saying that a number +1********** has deposited five thousand dollars into my account.

I frowned.

Why the hell did he deposit five grands, it was only three grands.

"Why did you deposit--" I was cut short as he snatched the parcel from me and walked towards the coffe table.
"Why did you deposit $5000?" I followed him behind.

"I thought you'll even charge me for taking my parcel." He was engrossed in unplastering the parcel.

I huffed and sprinted upstairs, I took my $2000 from my clutch and sauntered downstairs. The banged the money on the coffee table.

"I don't take extra money." I said as he rolled his eyes.

He was busy unplastering the box. I waited there to see how many packs of drugs are in there.

Finally he opened the box and took the item out as I narrowed my eyes to get the clear view of the item.

Is that it??

_______________