CHAPTER 102

N    A     O     M     I

I was tapping my foot frantically on the marbled floor. My fingers were fidgeting on their own due to nervousness.

I want to stay back with Harold and Hazel..

But a small part of me wants to leave Hawaii as soon as possible. I glanced at Hayden, who was sleeping quietly on the trolley. I brushed my fingers across his forehead and brushed his hair back.

I checked the time on the huge wall clock. It was seven past ten, and my flight was on ten. So I still have to wait three hours. The whole Florida going block was empty. It was only me and Hayden, sitting on the chairs of this block.

Duh!! Who'd come to catch their flight three hours before the boarding.

It's me, due to some specific reasons.

I took my phone out and checked the message that I've sent to Harold. It was double ticked, which meant he saw my message. I know I've hurt him again, but I can't help except do what I did.

Every time I see his face, all I feel is embarrassment because of the way I've hurt him. He was already going through a lot in the past because of his father, and when finally he was gone, I became a torment in his life. I can never forget the hurtful words that I've thrown on him. I called him a murderer and whatnot. All I know is that I've hurt him, so I left him. He deserves someone good in his life.

My chain of thought broke when my phone dinged. I opened the message board, and it was a message from Steve.

Steve :
When are you coming back??

I really didn't wanna reply back because my mind was in chaos. I don't wanna leave Hawaii, but I can't stay here either. And Steve, on the other hand, is sticking on to me like a glue.

Sighing, I typed back.

Me :
I'm in the airport, leaving soon.

I sent it, and not after a minute, my phone dinged again.

Steve :
Eagerly waiting for you and Hayden :)

Me:
:)

With that, our chat ended, and again, nervousness striked me. I checked the time again, and now it was half past seven.

Why is the time ticking so slow??

When is it gonna reach ten??!!

"Mommaaa.." I heard a faint whisper coming from the trolley.

No, Hayden... don't be awake!!

I stood up from the chair and moved towards the trolley, Hayden's eyes were closed. He just murmured in his sleep. I wrapped the blanket properly and was about to bend down to kiss his forehead when I suddenly heard a yell.

"Naomi!!!" I stopped in my tracks as I heard the voice. My heart thumped loudly in my chest as I swallowed.

No!!