CHAPTER 41

"So how are you doing now?" Kate asked.

I was on a phone call with Kate.

"I'm fine." I exhaled.

"It has already been a month of you not being here. So, when are you coming and joining the company back?" Kate asked.

I won't be joining the company back Kate.

As my stay has extended for another month, so I had to lie to her.

"Actually mom is still healing from the loss....trauma and I can't just leave her like that, so I may stay another month here." I said.

"WHAT?!!" Her voice was incredulous.

"Yeah, you have to understand it Kate." I sighed.

I was tired of lying to her and Zach.

"Okay....so how is she....your mother? Is she still angry with you.?" She asked.

I don't know..

"Yeah she's fine with me."

"This all happened because of that bastard of Mike..." I cut her off.

"Kate..." I groaned.
"Just don't take that dude's name." I grumbled.

"I'm sorry."

I sighed again.

"It's okay... where is Zach?" I asked.

"He's right beside me and his ears are glued onto my phone, eavesdropping on our conversation." She grumbled and I hummed in return
"Naomi!!" Suddenly she snapped.
"Zach and I, both wanna see your face. Can we video call you?" She asked.

"NO!!" I instantly replied.

They've been trying to video call me but I always disconnect their video calls. They can't see my expensive surroundings.

"Why??" Kate groaned.
"It's been a month since I last saw you, we just wanna see your face."

"I look awful!! I cannot show my face to you guys until I reach New York." I said.

"But--" again I interrupted her.

"Bye... I gotta go. Mom is calling." I disconnected the call and kept my phone aside.

Lying to my friends is the most difficult job to do.

Goodness!! When am I gonna get an exit from Hawaii??

Oh god!!

Life is so damn hard..

Again my phone started ringing and I took it from the bed.

The caller ID showed Dylan's name and I instantly shot up to my legs before receiving the call.

"Hello." I answered.

"Hey Naomi."

"Yes?"

"Will you do me a favor?" He asked.

"Sure. Anything for you." I was pacing back and forth inside my room.

Stop with cheesy lines, he's already someone's.

Shut up inner Naomi.

"Thanks. Well, we needed a very important file for our meeting which starts within ten minutes. I need you to go to king's room and search for the file." He said.

"Harold's room?" I asked with a frown.

"Yes."

"But his room is digitally locked and I don't know the passcode." I said.