CHAPTER 61

H        A        R         O         L         D

I stood infront of my mirror and glanced at myself. I sprayed my cologne on my neck, the crease of my arm and wrist. I combed my hair back and put on my watch. I was wearing a black tuxedo for the great masquerade ball.

I am ready!

I marched out of my room and stared ahead of the staircase. Miss Nolan was not yet here, I've asked her to get ready and be downstairs exactly on half past six and now she was two minutes late.

I pulled my phone out to call her room telephone and with a single ring, she picked up my phone.
"Coming!!! Coming!!! Coming Harold!!!" She screeched and with that she disconnected the call and I stared at my phone with utter disbelief.

She's still getting ready!!

I walked towards the dining table and sat on a chair. For around five minutes there was complete silence until I heard a sound of a clicking of heels against the wooden floor.

I stood up and walked upto the staircase and there she was, Miss Nolan, slowly coming downstairs wearing a golden beautiful gown and walking down the stairs elegantly. Her hair was tied up in a loose bun and her ears were glistening with the platinum studs, her face was masked with ecstasy. She climed down the last stair and stood infront of me before smiling widely.

"How am I looking?" She asked.

"Hmm, you look...good." her smile was retrieved.

"There's a word called beautiful too." She mumbled within her breath.
"Can you please help me to put this bracelet on my right wrist?." She asked as she gave me a gold bracelet with pearls hanging beneath it.

"Sure!"

She stretched her right arm and I circled the bracelet around her wrist before clicking the clasp.

"Thank you!" She smiled.
"How is the bracelet?!" She jiggled her wrist.

"It's nice."

"I know!! Mom gifted it to me on my sixteenth birthday and I treasure it a lot and luckily Daria has packed it." She looked very excited for the ball.

"Let's get going, shall we?" I asked as she nodded with a slight smile.

We exited the house and then got inside my car and soon exited our land.

...........

We entered the gates of the huge Hilton Hawaiian coral ballroom, which was decorated elegantly, the whole place was glimmering with the golden lights illuminating the place. I manoeuvered the car inside the parking lot before parking it.

We both got out of the car and marched towards the said place. There was a beautiful arch at the entrance, beautifully decorated with green creepers and some colorful beautiful flowers.

Many couples were entering, men in tuxedo and women in colorful ball gowns. Miss Nolan was glancing at the place with jaw wide open and eyes filled with amusement. We entered the huge doors and there we passed our tickets to the guard. The guard nodded and we entered inside the huge ball room of the Hilton Hawaiian coral ballroom.

The place was vast with many couples dancing elegantly on the light music. Some couples were on the bar section having champagne and wines. The place was enchanting with coil chandelier illuminating the golden light to the whole place.

Miss Nolan's head was snapping right and left glancing at every corner of this room.
"How's the place??" I asked.

She looked up at me with a huge grin,
"It's amazing!!!" She bursted with amusement.