CHAPTER 80

H     A      R      O      L      D

I glanced at my watch, and I was tapping my foot on the floor impatiently. I looked around the congregation, and the chorus of mumblings was heard.

It's time for her to come, isn't it?

"Impatient, are we??" Dylan whispered from behind.

I heaved a sigh and nodded. Dylan was my best man today.

Dylan chuckled,
"Even I want to be in your place someday." He said while glancing at Gwen, who was standing down the altar.

"You will!!" I smiled.

Again, my eyes traveled to the huge door of the church. And then again, I glanced at my watch.

She is late, like always.

Again, I sighed.

A small boy with brown hair and grey eyes approached me. He was wearing a small, cute tuxedo. He stood in front of me and handed me a white rose and note, with that he walked away and I glanced at his back.

Did Naomi send him to me??

I smiled and opened the note.

Congratulations on your spectacular wedding and a lifetime of love and happiness ahead if I let you have it ;)
Mia cara..

Love,
Your one and only father,
Marcel Dèlacourt.

P.s. Lots of love, son ;)

I crumpled the paper and the rose before looking up at the congregation. In anger, my eyes scanned every corner of the hall, but I couldn't find him anywhere. There were lots of people walking around, and it was hard to recognize one and other.

How dare he come here??

My jaws clenched in fury as I vigorously looked around the hall.

He can't spoil my special day!!

Suddenly, the trumpet was blown, and piano, violin, and cello were played as the large door opened, revealing Naomi, her dad, and her mom on the either of her, walking her down the aisle. The people surrounded were throwing flowers on them. She smiled widely on seeing me at the altar. I smiled back before throwing the note and stupid flower aside.

I shouldn't be thinking about him..

Her friend Kate Miller was behind her as she was her maid of honor. I focused on my bride and smiled widely because nothing matters more than her.

All the past interactions between us came flashing down on me as I saw her in the white dress with her face concealed in a thin fine cloth of her veil, walking down the aisle to reach me. The journey from hating each other and finally destiny brought us to loving each other more than anything. The journey we traveled from being strangers to lovers. A subtle moisture covered my eyes while reminiscing it. I took a deep breath and walked forward to fetch her hand.

She left dad's hand and placed it on top of mine before climbing up. We walked in between the altar and held our hands before facing each other.

"Good morning, one and all present here to witness the wedding of Mr Harold Kingston and Miss Naomi Nolan." The priest announced, and the congregation cheered in happiness.